ChimChim

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Stoner

ChimChim

Post by Stoner » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Slow down a little bit. Thanks :)

Kanto-Dream

Re: ChimChim

Post by Kanto-Dream » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:56 pm

That is exactly why a chatbox or something like this should be created, on the website, even if PM already exist here :p

Oh, and, qBz and all those guys than can easily go over 170+ WPM, slow down a little bit. Thanks :)

Stoner

Post by Stoner » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:14 pm

Yeah, a chatbox to comps would be a nice addition. But it's usually chimchim who rains on my parade. Such a meaniehead.

chimchim

Post by chimchim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Stoner wrote:Yeah, a chatbox to comps would be a nice addition. But it's usually chimchim who rains on my parade. Such a meaniehead.

Stoner HAHAHA sorry brah!!

A few days ago you ROCKED it with the constant 158'ish scores. Nicely done!

And please don't look at it as "raining on your parade". Look at it as incentive to want to go faster. I'm helping you without you realizing it, just like those many nameless people who continue to "rain" on my parade have been doing to me here and on other sites for years. They've beat me often and consistently to the point where it has significantly helped my typing. Now I welcome these storms, and make beating them my personal "goals". Sure they may always be faster than me, but without little goals like this life would be useless :) Your future job interviews can have you saying "I can average 140WPM", which may mean the WORLD to your employers... but saying "ChimChim rains on my parade" probably won't matter to them.

Another thing... since it seems like you may be serious about your typing, you should look into mechanical keyboards. Helped me MOSTEROUSLY! May take a while to get used to, but me changing from dome buttons to cherry mx blues has made a HHUUUGGGGEEEEEEE difference.

Hang in there!

..ChimChim

LARSSS

Post by LARSSS » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:12 pm

haha Stoner :P

Chim is a very experienced and good typer :D but he won't slow down because you ask! :D
Try to improve so you can beat him, even though it's tough ;)

jacksparrow

Post by jacksparrow » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:14 pm

i think Chimchim is the greatest typist because he motivates u to do better. If it wasn't for Chimchim i wouldn't be as fast as I am now. Thanks ChimChim! :D

chimchim

Post by chimchim » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:12 pm

jacksparrow wrote:i think Chimchim is the greatest typist because he motivates u to do better. If it wasn't for Chimchim i wouldn't be as fast as I am now. Thanks ChimChim! :D

@jacksparrow: I didn't realize I was such a motivator! But glad I could help!

..ChimChim

Stoner

Post by Stoner » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:39 pm

lol. Again you come out of nowhere, but i managed to defend on two of the tests!

I haven't really improved at all since I started here. I use "normal 10 key" set up, with a shitty wireless hp Keyboard. Anything above 155 is more or less luck. Wish I knew how people get 170+ Maybe i'm just lacking in intelligence or talent. It must have something to do with one's scanning/reading technique. Or maybe it's some Kind of subtle muscle fibre shit. Or maybe it's because i'm high. I just don't know.

Impermanence

Hi guys!

Post by Impermanence » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Stoner and ChimChim, you two are my favorite competitors.
Great that you two are pretty active in the competitions.

I have "stolen" a few competitions from you guys and vice versa.
I think it's pretty exciting and fun!

I love when we retake the lead a few times. Makes things even more interesting.
Don't celebrate until it's over!

My personal best is 171 or 172 in a competition.
A "great" run for me is 160+
A "very good" run for me is 156-159

If I get anything under 156, I try to redo so you none of my competitions get "stolen."

chimchim

Re: Hi guys!

Post by chimchim » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Impermanence, you ROCK!

Yeah you(and Stoner) are very close on my radar! My best here is I think 168, on Typeracer it's 177. I don't get to type as much on competitions because people keep walking in my office. Grrr.. But you get in the 160s quite often. I just started hitting 160s a handful of times a day maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, so I'm still improving.

FYI, I notice you are an Aztec. I graduated there(Comp Sci) about a million years ago! Go Aztecs! :)

..ChimChim

Impermanence wrote:Stoner and ChimChim, you two are my favorite competitors.
Great that you two are pretty active in the competitions.

I have "stolen" a few competitions from you guys and vice versa.
I think it's pretty exciting and fun!

I love when we retake the lead a few times. Makes things even more interesting.
Don't celebrate until it's over!

My personal best is 171 or 172 in a competition.
A "great" run for me is 160+
A "very good" run for me is 156-159

If I get anything under 156, I try to redo so you none of my competitions get "stolen."