Your least favorite English words to type?

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Impermanence

Your least favorite English words to type?

Post by Impermanence » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:04 am

Thought I'd make a new topic since this forum is inactive.

What are your least favorite English words to type in tests and competitions?

The two words that I usually have trouble with are: together and different.
Also when there are three or four two lettered words in a row.
I'm sure there are others that I can't think of right now.

LARSSS

Re: Your least favorite English words to type?

Post by LARSSS » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:32 pm

haha I like the word together, one of my strong words I suppose, I don't like different either, too much left hand I guess. I type "differnet" often then haha :P

I don't like "Indian" either. I am also surprised that word is in the list, why "Indian" and why not "English" for example?
And yes, many short words in a row isn't nice either :P

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Hello,

My least favorite English words are: "think", "thought", "through".

In absolute terms, there are no difficult words. It all depends on your technique and your practice. Each typist has his own favorite and hated words.

But I guess everyone has more trouble with very long or very short words.
The longest words (in English normal mode: "different", "important", "something" and "sometimes", 9 keystrokes each) because the longer they are, the more likely you type them wrong (the worst thing being to meet many long words in a row, since it slows you down).
Also the shortest words are difficult too, especially if they are many, because in normal daily typing you are not used to string small words very quickly, which consumes the space bar and can easily be a problem if you are not trained enough.

jallis

Post by jallis » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:58 pm

I love the words "sometimes" and "something". I don't know why but for some reason I can type those words really quickly. Something I find funny is that one of my most hated words in terms of how often I misspell it is the word "word". I always type world. I also don't like the word "through" and "though" because I type "thorough" and "thought".

I find that I have different words I "hate" every now and then. I remember hating the word "mountain", but now I love it.
Oh, btw, when I say that I "hate" or "love" a word I just simply mean whether I misspell them often or not.

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:59 pm

"Important" or "Importante" in Filipino is on the top for me.

Indian instead of English, I guess we have to be politiacally correct, no?

Nah, that was actually from some "most common word list", strangely enough... so

Hepp.

Stoner

Post by Stoner » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am

"different" - 6 keys on my left hand. Sometimes importnat can also be a problem. After using left index finger on the "t" sometimes my right index finger hits the "n" before the left pinky finger hits the "a".

Speaking of "sometimes," that's a good one. Or "something" or any others that lend themselves well to the "standard" typing method (not having words that have letters concentrated in one area). Different. Different. It's probably always best to just skip different, though i don't.

Impermanence

Post by Impermanence » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:01 am

Stoner wrote:"different" - 6 keys on my left hand. Sometimes importnat can also be a problem. After using left index finger on the "t" sometimes my right index finger hits the "n" before the left pinky finger hits the "a".

Speaking of "sometimes," that's a good one. Or "something" or any others that lend themselves well to the "standard" typing method (not having words that have letters concentrated in one area). Different. Different. It's probably always best to just skip different, though i don't.

Interesting that it's the last part of the word "different" that troubles you.
For me, it's the double F's part.

Usually any words with doubles are a pain for me.
Sometimes I press the key three times, sometimes once.
Words like "call," "been," "tree," "still," etc.

Oh, I've also noticed that words with "ou" are troublesome for me lately.
Like "group," "young," and the others.

Brandon1024

Post by Brandon1024 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:30 am

important and sentence lol :cry:

Stoner

Post by Stoner » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Impermanence wrote:
Stoner wrote:"different" - 6 keys on my left hand. Sometimes importnat can also be a problem. After using left index finger on the "t" sometimes my right index finger hits the "n" before the left pinky finger hits the "a".

Interesting that it's the last part of the word "different" that troubles you.
For me, it's the double F's part.

Usually any words with doubles are a pain for me.
Sometimes I press the key three times, sometimes once.
Words like "call," "been," "tree," "still," etc.

Oh, I've also noticed that words with "ou" are troublesome for me lately.
Like "group," "young," and the others.

Nah, "different" isn't difficult to type, just slow. It was importnat i sometimes fail at, exactly like i just did now

grey.skies

Post by grey.skies » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:35 am

My least favourite words to type are: available, words that end in -ility and something which I often type as somethinkg.
I don't type anywhere near as fast as most of you and am desperately trying to increase my accuracy, and have found since I started an effort to touch type, speed seems to develop faster than accuracy. :shock: ;)