Your least favorite English words to type?

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Stephen Athon

Re: Your least favorite English words to type?

Post by Stephen Athon » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:53 am

The most problematic words for me in the ordinary typing test are "Indian", "different", and suprisingly "eye". "Picture" trips me up sometimes because of the travel from C to T - though this could easily be resolved by a fingering adjustment.

chuck32

Post by chuck32 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:19 pm

Whenever I see the words "sentence" or "company" coming up I automatically slow down because I know that I'm likely to miss type a letter or two unless I take special care. On the other hand, I like letter combinations like "tion"," wer" or "ou".
It fun typing "tion" and think of all the words with that ending and "wer" is another good combination just put finger 4 on the 'w' and roll into the "er", and g followed by h are just 2 finger on opposite hand racing to meet in the middle (careful that h doesn't arrive before g).
Another good combination is 't' followed by 'h' or "ou", "ther" all favorites. I know that it might sound corny, but I really enjoy the process of typing.

freephoton

Post by freephoton » Thu May 12, 2016 3:51 pm

I can't stand "different" and "follow". I can type words like "another" and "sometimes" really fast, on the other hand.

I think with words like "follow", it's just the fact that I'm moving my fourth finger up and down, and that's not a very natural movement for me.

toddhicks209

Post by toddhicks209 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:26 am

Mine is "you". I often type y-u-o at first.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com

premieritzone

Post by premieritzone » Fri May 20, 2016 7:20 am

i cant type fast through & tough :x

msaeternal

Post by msaeternal » Sun May 22, 2016 10:23 am

Es a nonnative English speaker. My least favorite word would be "psychological" and any word that starts with similar letters.

msaeternal

Post by msaeternal » Sun May 22, 2016 10:32 am

I forgot to mention words that contain more then one "F" letter, because that letter is placed upper left corner on my keyboard which correspond the letter of "Q" in QWERTY keyboard layout. For that reason, you get slower while typing with your little finger of your left hand.

toddhicks209

Post by toddhicks209 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:44 am

msaeternal wrote:I forgot to mention words that contain more then one "F" letter, because that letter is placed upper left corner on my keyboard which correspond the letter of "Q" in QWERTY keyboard layout. For that reason, you get slower while typing with your little finger of your left hand.

Are you using your left pinkie to hit both the A and F keys? Use your pinkie to hit the A key and use your second finger to hit the F key, which is natural.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com