Diacritic

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
jallis

Diacritic

Post by jallis » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Hey! There are some things I am wondering about regarding diacritics. In spanish and French when you have words with these, do you have to press the combination, or do you have a key for it? I type in Norwegian so I basically don't have any of those in any letters (except for like one letter or something miniscule like that) and therefore I have never really known how to type these letters.

And for you English people, do you know how to type these as well, or have you never learned it like myself? I just recently figured out how to use these. Also, would you spend the time of learning how to type these without looking at the keyboard and hesitating if you speak a language like mine that doesn't use these?

Linsk

Re: Diacritic

Post by Linsk » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi,

In French, é, è, ç, à and ù are single keys. For â, ê, î, ô, û, we have to type "^" key first, then a, e, i, o or u.
Same in Spanish: ñ is a single key. The rest a combination with the accent key and the vowels.

If you want to type in French or Spanish, the easiest way is to add and use the French / Spanish layout, or create a personal keyboard layout based on what you're used to (you will need a software for that).