IMPORTANT: Possible calculation bug

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Stephen Athon

Re: My Result Does Not Appear In Competition

Post by Stephen Athon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Hello 10fastfingers moderators and/or admins. I am having some trouble with my account. Everything seems to be functioning properly, but my competition scores are not being entered on the scoreboards. I thought it was a computer issue, but I just tested it on different computers and browsers, all with the same effect. My competition history has been erased, as well as my tally of wins (which was maybe 80-100).

I actively type in friendly competitions through this typing fan club on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/671648889596744/ It is disappointing that I'm not able to participate currently in their events.

Here is my profile. http://10fastfingers.com/user/516584/

Feel free to contact me privately if necessary. I am a long-time 10fastfingers.com fan and advocate, and I wish to see this problem resolved soon.

Stephen

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi Stephen

Your account was likely auto-banned when participating in a competition. Do you have any recollection of when this happened and of an extremely high score in a public or private competition?

Stephen Athon

Post by Stephen Athon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:53 pm

ZappX,

Thanks for the swift reply! The last time I participated in a competition successfully was about two weeks ago. I have been on vacation for that time, and when I returned back I noticed problems. I never posted any outlandish speeds, everything was under my current max. Now, I did type a little bit while I was overseas, and perhaps the system flagged the activity as fraudulent because of the different IP addresses.

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:25 am

Stephen

Ok, there's a problem fixing your account so I asked the site admin to have a look at it.

ZappX

Re: IMPORTANT: Possible calculation bug

Post by ZappX » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Stephen

The reason you were auto-banned was a bugged high result in a private competition one month ago. This result will be deleted and the account will be restored by the site admin, but it might take a little while. This happened shortly before the anti-cheat for the competition section was implemented. Now it's not possible to be auto-banned as extremely high bugged scores should be blocked by the anti-cheat system.

Stephen Athon

Re: IMPORTANT: Possible calculation bug

Post by Stephen Athon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:45 pm

Ah, this makes more sense now. I should have looked at this topic first. There have been times when I have expected 135wpm and gotten 145-150, it is hard to tell sometimes if it is due to lagg or just a great typing run.

Thank you for your trouble.