IMPORTANT: Possible calculation bug

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
ZappX

IMPORTANT: Possible calculation bug

Post by ZappX » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:51 am

Lately there have been several occasions where users have gotten unnaturally high scores, that I suspect is not from cheating, but from a bug issue. It would be great if members experiencing such problems comment in this thread or send a private message. If your account has been banned because of a bug, it will be fixed. I'm looking for a description of what happened during the test. It could have been lag, some sort of speed up or any other kind of problem. Or maybe you didn't notice anything at all.

This is a potential serious issue with the site, compromising all users, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

chimchim

Re: IMPORTANT: Possible calculation bug

Post by chimchim » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:44 pm

ZappX wrote:Lately there have been several occasions where users have gotten unnaturally high scores, that I suspect is not from cheating, but from a bug issue. It would be great if members experiencing such problems comment in this thread or send a private message. If your account has been banned because of a bug, it will be fixed. I'm looking for a description of what happened during the test. It could have been lag, some sort of speed up or any other kind of problem. Or maybe you didn't notice anything at all.

This is a potential serious issue with the site, compromising all users, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if related.. but a few weeks ago I got a 180WPM. It felt fast, and I made the normal handful of errors, but I was expecting the high 160s or even 170. Surprisingly it showed up as 180WPM. Lag or visible latency was not apparent, and I'm pretty sure it was not legitimately 180WPM as I'm pretty consistent(can almost tell how fast I typed after a test before the score shows up), so I I'm guessing this was a bug somewhere.

..ChimChim

LARSSS

Post by LARSSS » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:54 am

I once got a score of 184 wpm in the train, I was in the train and I had wifi, of course the wifi in the train isn't great.

So I finished this test and it started lagging, so after the 60 seconds it didn't put my score there.
I did another test afterwards and I got 184 wpm in that. Maybe it took the results of the last test as well , since I didn't see any score.
The 184 wpm still didnt show up in the competition itself because the internet was too laggy for that as well apparently. I showed it to Linsk though.

So maybe these problems are created with lagg / bad internet connection indeed.

karamel

Post by karamel » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Also had this in this competition. I didn't get 180WPM (maybe because the above posters are considerably quicker than me...? xP), but 130WPM. I can barely reach 115WPM let alone 130WPM... I was in hospital, though, and the internet was noticeably slower than at my home (probably 5-7mb/s compared to home).
It didn't occur to me to do the test again at the hospital but I logged on when I got home and tried and it was 107WPM, I think. Not sure what the cause is but I thought I'd add my two cents. Hopefully it won't happen again to me--I'd rather not be banned for something I have no idea how to work! :lol:
Lurking.

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:55 pm

I want to thank you all for posting. It seems there are different accounts of the bug issue, so unfortunately there may be more than one problem here. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

karamel

Post by karamel » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:03 pm

Also, would it be possible to remove my result from that competition? I don't really want my scores to have counted there; it wouldn't be fair to the other person that also got 130WPM. Thanks. c:
Lurking.

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:46 am

@karamel: I have sent you a PM.

Kok Why

Post by Kok Why » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:48 am

I think I have possible bug calculation of 78 wpm now.
I'm certain my speed ~65wpm for the test just now since my typing speed is quite stable.
I don't feel any lag or delay. It's like a normal test. I'm using Google Chrome 30 browser on mac.
Here is my profile. Hope can help.
http://10fastfingers.com/user/434417/

SlowMotion

Post by SlowMotion » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:28 am

Something weird happened to me a few days ago. The result of the test show 145 wpm, but the reality was about 115-120 wpm, I'm sure. I was in class and there the connection is pretty poor, but without lag in this case.

Kanto-Dream

Post by Kanto-Dream » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:25 pm

http://10fastfingers.com/user/223009/

Nooooo, I was convinced I did a good test (about ~130WPM), and I got 3696WPM :(
I maybe tell something wrong, but I think this bug happens when one do higher score than normal, no?

I mean, I've done 6-7 tests 110-124, and with this test, I felt fast, and I bet I did more than 130WPM.
I don't know if there's a link, but it seems suspicious to me