The apostrophe (') character in US international keyboard

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
LutraMan

The apostrophe (') character in US international keyboard

Post by LutraMan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:04 pm

I'm using US international keyboard to type special characters such as ç, é, ú and so on...
In this keyboard, in order to type the apostrophe character, one needs to type the ' key, and then hit space.
When I do that in 10FF, it thinks I finished typing the word and skips to the next one, marking the last word as wrong. This probably happens because it recognizes the <space> key as a word finish, but it shoudn't - becuase in fact, no space character was inserted.

The US international is probably the most common way to type special characters, so I hope this issue will be fixed soon.
Until then, can anyone recommend a keyboard that can type special characters used in French and works okay in FF10 (and still has the regular QWERTY layout for all other characters)?

mangeyr

Re: The apostrophe (') character in US international keyboar

Post by mangeyr » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:59 am

I'm having this problem too and it's really frustrating. It messes up my wpm whenever I try typing, for example, "j'écris" or anything that requires an apostrophe...and French requires lots of apostrophes. I'd like to be able to practice my French typing. I hope it can be fixed soon.

LutraMan, I don't know of any keyboard that has the QWERTY layout and also the special characters. I think French keyboards have an AZERTY layout which has some keys switched around compared to the QWERTY.