Strange typing method.

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Whackyfingers

Strange typing method.

Post by Whackyfingers » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:26 am

Hey everyone, first post and new to the forum! I've only just recently discovered these typing tests after a lifetime of computer use.. after reading some of your posts and watching videos of some other typists it seems that I have a unique typing style..

I don't use my thumbs whatsoever, they hover quietly above the keys without ever touching them.. my right index finger is the primary space bar user. I also do not use my right pinky finger at all except for the "shift" key.. backspace, enter, and all of the symbols on the right side of the keyboard are delegated to my right ring finger.

With this odd method I am able to achieve a personal best of 127wpm with 99% accuracy.

I developed this typing method on my own, through my own personal use of the computer.

Hello and seasons greetings from Canada.

-A

KITTYINFINITE

Re: Strange typing method.

Post by KITTYINFINITE » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:19 am

Hi! I've noticed your post and I've got to say I can relate to it quite a bit. I'm an 11 year old girl, and I don't do quite what you described, but I do some of it. I rarely every use my right hand pinkie finger, unless it is the enter button. I suppose the thing about the thumb may possibly be a bit strange, but we all have our way of doing things.

It probably isn't such a big of a deal, I think. I'm 11, I don't use the correct fingers, and yet I still have very fast fingers. My average is 125, so don't put yourself so down in the dumps about this. I'm the best in my class, and no one really cares that I may or may not use the wrong fingers. We all have our way of doing things, and I guess you may have your way of typing that is different than most of us.

So, in conclusion, it's nothing to worry about even the slightest bit. It's just how your body want to do it, and if thats what your body wants then so be it. Hope this helped!

Jreed6

Post by Jreed6 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:50 am

I'm the same with the pinkies, it just feels awkward to me to use them in normal typing so I don't type any letters with them.. I pull 150-160wpm on these tests w/ a peak of I think 171. Not the same with the thumb technique though, I just gave it a try a couple times and was getting around 70wpm so I can see it working out fine for you.

toddhicks209

Post by toddhicks209 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:27 am

You should use your right index finger to hit the I, K and comma keys, use your fourth finger to hit the O, L and period keys and use your right pinky to hit the P ; / ' keys.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com

toddhicks209

Post by toddhicks209 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:42 am

I'm glad to hear that.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com