Fastest typer on a cell phone?

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
jolos

Fastest typer on a cell phone?

Post by jolos » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:55 pm

I used to have a phone with a QWERTY slider and a touch screen, but I have now bought one with only a touch screen. And I need to get my speed up. Some days I type more on my phone than on the computer.

I wonder, do you know what type of app the record holding typers use?

There are plenty to choose from, like Fleksy, SwiftKey, Minuum Keyboard, Swype.

When not being allowed to use autocomplete, I see there's one who uses Fleksy, but autocomplete is an pretty important feature when comparing the writing speed in different apps.

Do you know what your writing speed on the phone is when using various apps?

AndreasDe

Re: Fastest typer on a cell phone?

Post by AndreasDe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 am

Same here, I just cannot type fast on these touch screens. Takes me ages!

ethereal

Post by ethereal » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:34 am

Personally I type about 90wpm on my iPod's keyboard, without predictive text or auto-correct, and several of my friends type nearly as if not just as fast. Apparently, though, the world record stands at a mere 109.71wpm, achieved by Abdul Basit on an iPhone, using a software called Swype. He had to type this phrase: "The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalamus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack humans." This totals to 160 characters, which divided by 5 makes his message roughly 32 words, as according to the formulas used by many typing sites to determine wpm. He typed this in 17.5 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... XjTPnV8ZvM

rubyatiy

Post by rubyatiy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:39 am

AndreasDe wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 am
Same here, I just cannot type fast on these touch screens. Takes me ages!
You are not even aware of what now a days touch screens are come up with

toddhicks209

Post by toddhicks209 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:46 am

You obviously have to have your phone lying on a solid surface to speed type on it.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com

Dola

Post by Dola » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:05 pm

Well, its pretty hard to type from some other people's text by a small cell phone with a tiny touchscreen. It is good that I can complete 27 words per minute with zero mistakes by such an old device.
Of course if you have a bigger screen and do not have to actually hold your phone at the same time ... it must be a lot easier, but with only one finger, that is three times bigger than a letter, it is not that easy.

But congratulations to guys who can write a couple of words per second as I have to be happy to be able to write a word in a couple of seconds with periods and spaces etc. and without autocorrect etc.

Redoke

Post by Redoke » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:54 am

When I had a phone with buttons I used to type really fast :lol: with a touch screen much slower from my experience