Transitioning to Homrow

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Shigakure

Re: New to Homerow

Post by Shigakure » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:27 pm

I used to type with 2 fingers and I've been following the homerow method since about 3 weeks ago. The first three days were horrible, I couldn't type more than 30-35 wpm.

I used to type 120wpm average with 2 fingers (both index), 145 wpm record, but I've been practicing for years. Since I switched to 8-9 fingers using the homerow method, I've been able to reach 126 wpm record in only 3 weeks. My accuracy is not the best nor the worst, but this is the hardest part in my opinion. I guess is all about practicing, I consider that's the key, so my humble recomendation to you; follow the original homerow method and when you "master it", I'm pretty sure you'll have the ability to use some fingers to press different keys, without following espefically the homerow method or any particular method, but kind of your own. The fastest typist in the world do this, kukkain, sean wrona, varsovie, bellal, etc.

toddhicks209

Post by toddhicks209 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:19 am

To answer your question, Cameron, you can either rest your fingers on the ASDF and JKL; keys or put the tips of your fingers a little above them. After stretching to hit the backspace, T and Y keys, place all of your fingers back in the original position before you type another letter or word.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com

cameron23

Post by cameron23 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Thanks alot, for both replies :)