How to improve my typing speed further?

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
lukasic

How to improve my typing speed further?

Post by lukasic » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:28 am

Hey, I have no typing training whatsoever but i still type very fast. I do well on tests like the 10fastfingers one where you just type words, but on other tests where you have to type a whole text with fullstops and capital letters and all that i usually get around 100-110 wpm and i feel like i can go much faster than this. I found some typing tutorials online and they say to hold fingers on buttons f and j. However my fingers are all over the place and it doesnt feel natural to hold them on f and j. I hold my left hand fingers on shift, a, w, d and space due to games, and my right hand isnt anywhere specific. Is it a better idea to just learn the f and j buttons way? Are there other ways to improve typing speed?

toddhicks209

Re: How to improve my typing speed further?

Post by toddhicks209 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:04 am

In terms of placement, you should begin typing with your left hand fingers on the A,S,D,F keys and your right hand fingers on the J,K,L,; keys. If you must stretch a finger to hit keys such as the T or backspace keys, you should put the tips of your fingers back over the designated home row keys before you resume typing.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com