How likely is it that my friend is cheating?

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Ayushm1906

How likely is it that my friend is cheating?

Post by Ayushm1906 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:50 pm

So my friend tried the normal test on android and got a speed of 124 wpm. He has not received any training and insists on telling me that he is just that good. How likely is it for someone to get 124 wpm on mobile

Kanto-Dream

Re: How likely is it that my friend is cheating?

Post by Kanto-Dream » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:50 pm

On MOBILE ?!
Wow. I'm not an expert, but it looks very very very very very fast. I mean... It's goddamn fast, I highly doubt it is even possible to type that fast with a phone.

People usually type with their 2 thumbs right ? 124WPM on a phone just means he can hit more than 10 keys in a second... With his bare two thumbs.

coreynj

Post by coreynj » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:25 pm

The highest I've scored on iPad mini was a 75, using only my thumbs. That seems very unrealistic.

ethereal

Post by ethereal » Mon May 01, 2017 12:24 pm

It depends on how you define "training". For people who text extremely often, 80wpm isn't uncommon. And experienced rythym gamers can achieve over 25 keypresses a second with two fingers, all while maintaning proficient accuracy; just look at some of the best Taiko no Tatsujin, o2Jam, and StepMania players.

That being said, most smartphone keyboards simply aren't designed to be able to function at such speeds; 124wpm is much more plausible if the device he's using has a separate keyboard, like an old blackberry (But it's still possible on a smartphone).