Gossip

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Linsk

Re: Gossip

Post by Linsk » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:56 pm

christianstrang wrote:If anybody has any suggestions, you can email me or post in here :)

Maybe you could:
- Give the creator of the competition the right to moderate comments;
- Allow participants to report any nasty comment;
- Complete with some new moderators who would receive reports and could prevent the worst users to comment on the site (temporarily or permanently).

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 pm

Thank you Ed :)
I think there will be no easy way to filter the messages, especially considering that this is a multilingual sites. I think the solution will be some combination of:
  • automatic filtering (a badword filter that filters words like "shit" into "****")
  • + a "report" functionality
  • + some kind of moderator functionality

Naturally this will take quite a bit of time (which is one of the reasons I haven't yet implemented it), though the good thing is, this solution could be used for other features I wanted to implemented for so long (live chat, profile page comments, private messages).

The list for 10FastFingers is so long and I'm looking forward to implement all of these. Thank you for sticking with 10FastFingers even though it misses quite a lot of these social features :)

Additional suggestions about how to handle this, please let me know :)

Impermanence

Post by Impermanence » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:54 am

Chat should be a privilege for "active" members who are not as likely as new accounts (a few minutes to hours old) to post "bad" things in the chat. Users who have spent many hours and hours typing on this site are "least offenders" versus someone who just made an account and would not care about posting "bad" comments nor losing privileges or getting banned.

Another option would be to have comments moderated like how forums posts are when accounts are first made. A moderator would have to approve a message before it is live. This method is more time-consuming since there are dozens of competitions daily.

To avoid spam, maybe a back-to-back comment limit for one user. Users who are abusive can lose chat privileges temporarily or permanently depending on the severity of the infraction.

dominicpham86

Post by dominicpham86 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:40 am

thanks for your reply. I totally agree that we just need a chat room instead of a forum. So may i suggest that we just keep that chat room be last for a competition and just for those who are attending that competition. And, with the guys who just like to use nasty words in chat room (we can't avoid happening , such a headache problem!), in my oppinion, because you can not know (in other languages) what they are talking about, so you just empower for typist the right to dismiss what they think it is not suitable...
P/s: I'm a Vietnamese typist, and I am not good in English. So...

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:42 am

I also think its a good idea to only let the participants of the competition participate in the chat. The implementation for this is still some months in the future, but once I start with the feature I will definitely let you guys know (and ask for further suggestions :))

dominicpham86

Post by dominicpham86 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:19 am

Hi Christianstrang! I'm so admired your achievements, espeacially you can do in a lot of different languages. So, could you show me how to type in Korean language? I've already known how to set up Korean language in my windows. The problem is that I can't use it in typing mode. Could you help me with this??????????

Impermanence

Mornings

Post by Impermanence » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:47 pm

I think this is my first or second time getting third place in a competition.
http://10fastfingers.com/competition/5255791eb743b/

I should warm up before jumping into a competition!
Just woke up.

Impermanence

Beat by one keystroke!

Post by Impermanence » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:54 pm

http://10fastfingers.com/competition/525acfe69acc5

ChimChim, good job brother.

I couldn't overtake that competition from you.
Heading to class!

BATIN

Hello

Post by BATIN » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Hello everyone from Italy! Nice to meet you :)

BATIN

Nice website!

Post by BATIN » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Bellissimo sito! Wonderful website! Ciao from Italy...