What keyboard do you use for fast typing?

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
MiBe

What keyboard do you use for fast typing?

Post by MiBe » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:57 am

As the subject says: What keyboard do you use for fast typing?

I'm using 2 diffirent computers and 2 different keyboards (one at my place and one at my parents place). The first is a Razer BlackWidow with Cherry MX Blue switches and the second is a SteelSeries 6Gv2 Red Edition with Cherry MX Red switches. I prefer the first one for fast typing, my personal best is 140 WPM (in Dutch) with that keyboard. With the other one I can't get above 130 WPM.

Alisamix

Re: What keyboard do you use for fast typing?

Post by Alisamix » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Im using a shitty Microsoft Digital Keyboard 3000, not even mechanic. Reaching about 132, but im getting a Blackwidow soon so I hope ill get better :P

jallis

Post by jallis » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Well, I also have the Razer Blackwidow. I have to say that I really like it, even though I cannot even get near your speeds. I am around 50-60 because of recently having switched to the homerow method.

Alisamix

Post by Alisamix » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:26 pm

I dont use any specific technique, I use like 7-8 fingers, mainly my left hand. Still reaching pretty high WPM, but I hope ill break some records with the blackwidow.

What exactly makes her so great? :o I know its mechanic, but do you feel the difference? Do I have to get used to it?

qbZ

Post by qbZ » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:18 pm

<deleted>
Last edited by qbZ on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alisamix

Post by Alisamix » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:49 am

I ordered the Blackwidow before registering here - It is mechanical and therefore better for typing than any other "normal" Keyboard. The Cherry MX Blue supported keys make it easier to type fast and precise. :)

Mak

Post by Mak » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:05 pm

I've been using a Steelseries 7G for about 3 years now. I've tried a lot of keyboards before and ever since and I've never found a keyboard even close to its precision.

I'd get a Das Keyboard if they came in Azerty, but they don't, so...

MiBe

Post by MiBe » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:04 pm

You can easily remove the keycaps from the keyboard and make it Azerty yourself :P I wouldn't care what print on the buttons, blanco would be fine for me too.

What speed do you reach with the 7G? Personally I think Cherry MX Black switches are the worst mechanical switches for typing since they're linear instead of having tactile feedback. They're pretty heavy as well, 60 gr actuation force and usually considered gaming-switches.

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi,

Like many people, I use an old standard keyboard and I'm pretty satisfied with it, although I don't type especially fast. However, I always used keyboards with wrist rests, I can hardly do without.

I hate flat keys on laptop keyboards.

I'd love to try a mechanical keyboard but I don't know which one to choose. I would be very interested if someone could give me his opinion about the Das Keyboard and the tactile sensations it provides.

Hotice12

Post by Hotice12 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:53 am

hi,
I use a mechanical keyboard with black cherry keys. I know it's not optimal for typing, but I am used to it, the name is: TTesports g1. The quality is amazing I use it for many years and the quality hasn't dropped. That is important to me, so my skill doesn't decay with the keyboard :mrgreen: