What keyboard do you use for fast typing?

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Linkbane

Re: What keyboard do you use for fast typing?

Post by Linkbane » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:27 pm

It's not suggested in the keyboard communities to start with the BW because of its history of terrible quality. A better start would probably be something like Ducky (great quality and the Shine series have some very interesting lighting modes), Cooler Master (higher quality in general), or Filco. I can do just as well on a normal keyboard as a mechanical, but it's more comfortable and pleasurable to use the latter. I use MX Blue switches on a Ducky board, but now usually Topre.

leaderx

Best Keyboard/Favorite Keyboard

Post by leaderx » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:42 am

I personally type on a CMStorm Quick Fire XT, and I love Das keybaords. I have a friend who got a ducky 3, love the lights, but the actuation points a little bit too low for me.

VeeShan

Post by VeeShan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:26 pm

I use a Dell RT7D20, I've had it since 2002 when they came out on standard Dell computers. It's nothing fancy, and still uses a PS/2 connection. I can hit 138 wpm typing with it.

http://www.myit.co.in/images/stories/vi ... yboard.jpg

Post by 2014 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 am

I used to use HP Laptop Keyboard, but I switched to Steelseries Apex.

I like both of em', I think HP Laptop Keyboard was easier for me.. because it was easier to press on the keys.
But I got a new record with my Steelseries Apex, so I think the Steelseries Apex is my "Fast Typing Keyboard".

Stephen Athon

Post by Stephen Athon » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:53 pm

I am used to a low profile laptop keyboard. It is also significantly compact compared to the standard - but it works well for my medium-small hands. I feel like it is very efficient due to its minimalism. Going back to a classic keyboard at this point is suicide because I am used to a light delicate touch. I would be very interested to try some of different color mechanical keyboards. My limited experience with the Razor Blackwidow was negative - it took too much force to press the keys down, and the key travel was too far.

Malek

Post by Malek » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:27 pm

Edok keyboard , my highest wpm is 98 per minute in english :D

Leondre

Post by Leondre » Fri May 23, 2014 8:30 am

Ducky Shine 3 with blue switches and cheap o-rings. Pic

spiffytippy

like women talking about cars

Post by spiffytippy » Tue May 27, 2014 6:17 pm

Hi Guys,

this topic reminds me of asking a girl friend of mine: What car did you buy?
"The red one."

Nice! But who cares about the color of the keys or the lighting behind it? That is just your ego.

If you think about ergonomics, then you can just toss the 100 year old layout out the window.

Touch Typing is the key to NOT having to move your eyes off the screen (except for looking out the window into the sky) and an ergonomic keyboard makes typing much more pleasent.

How about the following:
https://www.trulyergonomic.com/
https://www.kinesis-ergo.com/shop/advan ... or-pc-mac/

While the second excels at typing texts, the first even improves programming and gaming.

Have Fun!
SpiffyTippy

Just a thought: How much did you think about the form of your mouse, about how your fingers lay on the buttons and how it feels in your hand?
Then ask yourself, is your key layout designed for your hand or are you adapting to this keyboard?!

pete

Post by pete » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:50 pm

I wouldn't recommend you buying very fancy keyboard, because if you get used to it, you will have to use the same kind at work, on your laptop etc. to feel comfortable. I bought Chicony keyboard almost 10 years ago and I still use it - it looks like this (just with small Enter): http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_imag ... _large.jpg. It is important that it has keys 6 and 7 placed the same way as in a traditional qwerty keyboards so you will feel the same way if you use non-ergonomic one.
It is more important to learn to type correctly - if you have good keyboard and still write with 2 fingers, what good is it? Once I had a desktop program with virtual hands - similar to http://agilefingers.com, I used to use it almost every day for quite a long time and now I type very fast, but what keyboard I use really doesn't matter much unless it is standard qwerty.

spiffytippy

Post by spiffytippy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:58 pm

So you're basically saying "Keep eating shit every day, because in your life, shit will cross your path from time to time and then you are used to it."

I am saying: "Do what is best for you, not what most people are doing when they are just being mindless sheep."

Whenever you think, you cannot handle different layouts, look at a laptop keyboard, then look at the changes made in each generation of each manufacturer. They are different nearly each year. They letters may stay the same, but cursors, Ctrl, Del, page up/down, home, end, esc, F-keys etc. are switched around like crazy. The worst thing is, not for ergonomics, but for saving production cost. You save a few cents in the production and have to pay the whole lifetime...

Crazy World

Just like self checkout counters. They are an improvement to long lines which in turn are only there, because of too few cashiers. So now you are your own cashier. Nice.