Wrists and keyboard turning

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
jallis

Wrists and keyboard turning

Post by jallis » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Hey! This is Jallis, and I am wondering about something. Today, I've been mostly typing with my left side of the keyboard turned towards me. While the keyboard is placed like this, only a centimeter or two from the normal position, I can type a lot better. However there is one thing that also happens. My wrists really start hurting. I don't know why this happens. Could any of you guys answer how this happens, how I type a lot better and more accurate, but my wrists hurt a lot more?

By the way, it's not the speed that makes my wrists hurt more because I don't type that much faster (only about 5-10 wpm).

dogie

Re: Wrists and keyboard turning

Post by dogie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:22 am

I've just taken a look at my keyboard after a number of tests and the left side is closer by 1-2cm - I don't think its a problem. It also doesn't cause my wrist pain, so it could be from another source.

I'd look at the height your desk/chair is.

Natfx7

Post by Natfx7 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:56 pm

When your body wants to type in one way your soul wants to type in other way. The only way to discover your soul movements is that it will tell you to follow its method and you should follow the choice of your soul. If you carefully observe your fingers then you can see sometimes the fingers swing flat way and sometimes in curved way. You should take frequent breaks to avoid carpel tunnel syndrome that causes numbness in your little and ring fingers.

toddhicks209

Post by toddhicks209 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:21 am

I find it best to 1) keep the keyboard sitting on a straight line horizontally, 2) type with your elbows about 2 inches from your sides and 3) keep the left edge of your computer in line with the outer edge of your left eye.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com