I use an Apple Magic Keyboard, am I holding myself back?

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
whitecat

I use an Apple Magic Keyboard, am I holding myself back?

Post by whitecat » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:02 am

Title. Just wondering if there are people here who use an Apple external/laptop keyboard who can reach high typing speeds?

Jsdfbn

Re: I use an Apple Magic Keyboard, am I holding myself back?

Post by Jsdfbn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:37 am

I think typing on something you're comfortable with is more important than the keyboard. If you start to type on a new keyboard that has slightly different layout or spacing on the keys, it might detriment you until you can get used to it.

whitecat

Post by whitecat » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Cool, just thought I'd ask because I've never seen anyone typing at fast speeds on an Apple Magic keyboard...

Ayasu

Post by Ayasu » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Not really, which keyboard you use doesn't affect your typing speed once you're properly used to it. Sure you can get a new keyboard if you want to feel more comfortable while typing considering lots of people are in front of their keyboard all day, but you'll be disappointed if you think it will make you get faster without having to practice like you normally would.

If I recall correctly I think alpha panda and apackofsmarties both use mac keyboards

whitecat

Post by whitecat » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:54 am

Thank you both, I'll stop worrying about the keyboard I'm using and instead concentrate on improving my typing speed.

:D

Beyere

Post by Beyere » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:09 am

whitecat wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:02 am
Title. Just wondering if there are people here who use an Apple external/laptop keyboard who can reach high typing speeds?
it seems interesting,Do you have a detailed link to this Apple keyboard where I can learn a lot more about it?

thanks in advance.