HP KU keyboards are appearing everywhere, i struggle to get a normal keyboard.

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Bitbatgaming

HP KU keyboards are appearing everywhere, i struggle to get a normal keyboard.

Post by Bitbatgaming » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:06 pm

I am a typing enthusiast, with a artech keyboard that actually does not give me strain! I have been typing on cheap, chiclet keyboards that allow me to type fast. This is because i have never actually typed on a proper keyboard except the k120 ( which is the best keyboard i have ever typed on , does not give me strain.) Today i am here to discuss a problem for me, and sometimes for you ( if you don't type properly).
I've seen it in schools, offices, and every single place that i could ever think of ( except my house.) I also own a e-machines keyboard that i cannot use due to my laptop not having that ps2 port for it. Its always set up like this:
Kick stand on it slanted or broken ( teachers always wonder why i adjust the keyboard)
broken space bar, or space bar that is very stiff and hard to press.
This keyboard is called the HP KU keyboard, and its.... Become a problem on typing. I've started taking java classes and now I'm at the point of programming a basic println program. You see, i cannot type fast on this keyboard because when i type like i do, a great pain fills my wrists and this weird bone that i have in my left hand ( due to a weird bone bump on my middle finger being removed) hurts like heck. It does not allow me to do work but instead i have to learn how to type on it like all of the people do, basically it slows me down.
Second of all, it is so silent that it doesn't even sound like a keyboard. When you press the arrow keys, it gives a tactile bump but no stiff switch like the cherry mx brown keys. Here's a video for proof that i found on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0mYvW08VMk
Third of all, the amazon reviews, the youtube comments about this keyboard. It's just overrated. It costs around 15 bucks so i can see why people get it. Here is a youtube comment from a person saying how " good the keyboard is"
I own an all-black version of this keyboard with hotkeys on the top. I can confirm that typing on it is *amazing*. Do you like soft typing? Typing is very soft. Do you like hard, clacky typing? Typing is very hard and clacky. It sits right there in the middle and somehow manages to still be awesome. Definitely worth the money for coding - I picked one up at WalMart for $15, I believe the only version HP directly sells now has no hotkeys and costs $30. Great buy.
All the adults love this keyboard: because of its ergonomic design too.
But... I'm worried that this keyboard will feel exactly like the mechanical keyboards with the brown switches, so if i get a gaming keyboard it will look like this. I do not like this keyboard at all and I cannot find a decent keyboard to type on because of this thing.
Also, can somebody tell me if brown switches feel like this thing?
-Bitbat