I can't complete a typing test without completing one mistake.

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Bitbatgaming

I can't complete a typing test without completing one mistake.

Post by Bitbatgaming » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:33 pm

I cannot complete a typing test without making one mistake. I want to achieve the flawless badge but in the last 20-10 seconds of the typing test i get 3-4 wrong words that ruins my score. Any tips for accuracy?

bORNZOR

Re: I can't complete a typing test without completing one mistake.

Post by bORNZOR » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Well general tip would be practise practise and more practise, you feel only pressured because you see the clock ticking, klick on the time to disable the timer might help you because you dont get distracted by watching at the time stamp! I think for that badge you only need 70 wpm right? So just type slow and cautious you will do it :) Good luck grinding for that badge

pphanfx

Post by pphanfx » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:46 pm

For Flawless 10, you can blandly grind this out with patience. Don't do anything fancy or try to set personal records. Stop typing with a few seconds left and let the clock time out. Be especially careful about getting the last word on the top line wrong, because you can't see it turn red as the whole line vanishes from the text box.

Oddly enough, I found that after completing this test it made my accuracy improve on other racing sites, because I'm always on the lookout for mistakes.

toddhicks209

Post by toddhicks209 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:59 am

I never let the time clock faze me with any typing test I take. It doesn't do any good to get anxious and lose focus when you know your time is almost up.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com

Resek

Post by Resek » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:24 am

Go slow and you'll increase accurasy.