Jobs that require typing

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
philliptraan

Jobs that require typing

Post by philliptraan » Sun May 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Hey guys i type about 120WPM average, i know theres people here who types faster but i guess other people would consider it fast. Just wondering if there are people on fastfingers who has jobs that require a lot of typing or know of jobs that require typing. If so can anyone tell me what kind of places would hire, what the job entails and how much it pays, i wouldn't mind being a typist or osmething for a living. Thanks

teekay

Re: Jobs that require typing

Post by teekay » Fri May 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Any office position will require a certain amount of typing, and being able to type quickly and efficiently will, in general, mean you are a more efficient worker.

Jobs that specifically require proficient typing skill are those that involve data or voice transcription: survey administrators (typing open-ended question answers verbatim in real time), medical transcribers (converting handwritten or voice-recorded medical records to digital), etc. I worked for three seasons for the IRS as a tax form transcriber, which went a long way to improving my 10-key (numpad) typing. :)

shayanjameel08

Post by shayanjameel08 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:31 pm

I like to type, actually I love it, I am pretty good, I have a wpm speed... I was wondering if there are any jobs that are almost solely based on this skill.
all typing jobs are here. you can chose one of them for yourself and apply http://www.jobz.pk/typing-job-jobs/

nomibucha

Post by nomibucha » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:17 am

Secretaries used to be required to do a minimum of 60wpm on those old mechanical typewriters.
With a computer keyboard you should be able to do 100wpm.
Anyways, try looking at temp agencies for office admin positions. Even then, typing isn't a big necessity.
all typing and data entry jobs http://www.jobz.pk/data-entry-employment/
Last edited by nomibucha on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

nomibucha

Typing jobs?

Post by nomibucha » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:21 am

i'm going to be 22 in february.
i have a wpm average of 89.
do you know of anywhere that will hire me, either now or when i'm 21?
i'd like to work in a business that can utilize that skill.

Robert Cunniffe

Position Available in Flushing New York

Post by Robert Cunniffe » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:51 pm

I am looking for someone that can type and do general office work in North Flushing NY 11354
Please contact me at [email protected]
Thank you
Robert Cunniffe