19 words a minute!

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Binnzie

19 words a minute!

Post by Binnzie » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:20 pm

Just took a test after seeing a YT video with 10 fingers featured on it. A long time ago I wanted to improve my typing, but found it so difficult ;) . I'm in my 50's now and regret not going through the pain of learning to type. It still seems daunting but I want to improve because my productivity sucks. Could sure do with some support and encouragement on how I can go faster that 19 WPM. It's embarrassing.

Chris

DIvyanshu

Re: 19 words a minute!

Post by DIvyanshu » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:31 am

I am 19 years old .and I can type 40 wpm . i just started like where you are now 19wpm .but with 15 days of practice I achieved this . you can do follow

1. use mechanical keyboard . because that make sound and helps a lot in beginning.
2. learn touch type in keybr.com for practice and test you skill in 10fastfingers.com.
3. focus on Accuracy Not on speed in Beginning.

Hope this helps....

MrMarcie

Re: 19 words a minute!

Post by MrMarcie » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:50 pm

I started with touchtyping at 55. First week I was at 15WPM. Now over 18 months later I type over 80WPM. Just practice daily for 10 minutes and type everything, mail, forums, etc, blind. And you'll get the hang of it soon. See my progression here.

I started with Gtypist to learn the basics and after that I came here and on some other websites to practice daily.
See my progress on my 10vingers Youtube channel