Capping the number of competitions entered?

Comments and suggestions to help improve 10FF.
Kaz

Re: Capping the number of competitions entered?

Post by Kaz » Wed May 21, 2014 3:33 pm

qbZ wrote:
im a pretty dang good typist at 90 wpm

no

it says i am better than 96% of test takers

no

i feel like i should win a competition or two

no

that handful of people that log onto the website every day with WPM at blazing fast speeds of 150 wpm or more

no

do i deserve to win one or two? i feel like i have earned it.

no

/done

You sir, are dumb. Don't mock people because you think you're better than them for asking simple questions. It is a legitimate feeling that if you spend hours on a site you feel you deserve something. Perhaps an achievement for competitions participated in (separate instead of just grinders) would be a way to make people feel like they're not just wasting their time.

qbZ

Post by qbZ » Thu May 22, 2014 6:04 am

<deleted>
Last edited by qbZ on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Tue May 27, 2014 3:22 pm

*chuckles*

If by mad you mean insane, then yes, I believe we are all a little mad in that way. If by mad you mean angry, then you should learn to read a little better since none of my comments showed a hint of anger.

I was just stating what a lot of people feel in general. If one spends hours of time on something, they feel they should have some kind of reward for it. Whether it be pay for a job, achievements for games, killing a boss in an MMO, etc. As for you knowing you're better than the OP, well, I'm glad you can think so highly of yourself to know that. I hope many people know they are better than everyone around them. I just prefer to know that quietly and keep it to myself so I don't sound like a narcissistic pig... As for typing not being fun, I disagree with you. I think a lot of people actually find typing fun, else why would they do this for extended periods of time? It's certainly not healthy, or job related as you yourself pointed out, or stress relieving, etc. It's fun to see how fast you can go, and to see if you can get better, and to get some kind of reward out of it.

/done better

qbZ

Post by qbZ » Tue May 27, 2014 4:43 pm

<deleted>
Last edited by qbZ on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Tue May 27, 2014 6:41 pm

If one spends hours of time on something, they feel they should have some kind of reward for it. Doing random stuff at work is spending hours of time on something, and you could feel you should be rewarded for the random stuff you did. Now, whether work thinks you should be rewarded and paid for that random stuff, or your reward should be being fired, is something completely different. But you, however, should feel that you should be rewarded for doing stuff for hours in some way, else why would you do it? You could just sit there and do nothing if you didn't expect any type of payoff.

We are talking about typing here Mr. Genius, and I can say without a doubt that I am better than him at typing.

Oh, talking about typing, okay, well in that case you can say you're better at him in that. You should be more specific. Your first quote just said "I do not think I am better than him, I just know I am." You mentioned nothing about typing.

So you are not a narcissist when you believe you are better than others, only when you say it? Typical mediocre life :lol:
Notice, I didn't say I wasn't a narcissist, I just said I don't sound like one by knowing it quietly and keeping it to myself. You should read better.

As I already said, most people on typing websites are here because they want to be better than others (or think they are) and get their ass licked.
You get your ass licked on here? Man... I'm just here because it's fun... I don't need any ass licking thanks...

You said it all. You agree that there is no real reward (job, competition prize, etc.), so the only reward is being recognized as better than others.
I said some kind of reward, I didn't say being recognized as better than others. Those achievements on my profile page, you know the ones that said I took so many typing tests (no matter what my WPM was), participated in so many competitions (no matter what my place was), participated in one competition x number of times (no matter what my WPM was), those are achievements - a type of reward for completing some task. Is it tangible? No, but neither is my Xbox gamerscore but it doesn't change the fact that I like my achievements.

/done even better

... You would have to have done better to do this. Not misrepresent everything I said and babble nonsense about the misrepresentations. Work harder please.

Ahh just looked at your profile, you're 19 and in France. I can see how English being your second language could lead to the misrepresentations. I commend you on your second language however though, your English is quite good for being your second language. Wish my French or Japanese or anything for that matter was that coherent lol. I apologize for the last statement, consider me just explaining your misinterpretations.

qbZ

Post by qbZ » Tue May 27, 2014 7:42 pm

<deleted>
Last edited by qbZ on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Tue May 27, 2014 8:08 pm

Notice I never said anything about the reward being winning a competition. And as you so succinctly put it, yes I am a narcissistic pig, albeit a quiet one so others don't know that :P I don't see why that's funny or anything else. I think if everyone thinks their life is the best, then the world would be a pretty damn good place since no one would be trying to steal from someone, cheat on someone, etc, because there'd be no reason to. My life is better than anyone's around me IMO, and I hope they feel the same exact way about their life. In other words, I hope everyone is a quiet narcissistic pig. I just don't want to hear how much better you are than me because that's not being quiet, especially when I already know I'm better than you, I'm just not saying it out loud (unless you force me to explain my stances on life philosophy like this :P)

Anyways, I never once said he deserved to win, just that he felt he should be rewarded. Now, the fact that he feels he deserves to win is something entirely different, whether 10FF feels he deserves to win is what matters. I just said he feels he should be rewarded and that's not uncommon.

The whole reason I went in on your post though, is there's much better ways to do what you did. Since your original post, you have completely explained every 'no' that you said. This is what you should've done in the original post and you would've sounded like a normal, logical human being instead of like my toddler ;)

qbZ

Post by qbZ » Wed May 28, 2014 10:35 am

<deleted>

Kaz

Post by Kaz » Wed May 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Being on the internet doesn't mean you should make yourself sound like a toddler... It's whats one of the many things wrong with the world these days. People who think because they're on the internet they can just say and do stupid things... Act appropriately no matter where you are and what you're doing and the world can be a much better place.

qbZ

Post by qbZ » Wed May 28, 2014 3:02 pm

<deleted>