New achievements (badges to unlock) suggestions

Comments and suggestions to help improve 10FF.
Linsk

1K, 2.5K, 5K ... 250K, 500K, 1M words typed

Post by Linsk » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:42 am

1K words typed: Totalize 1,000 words typed (all your tests and competitions included).
2.5K words typed: Totalize 2,500 words typed (all your tests and competitions included).
5K words typed: Totalize 5,000 words typed (all your tests and competitions included).
10K words typed: Totalize 10,000 words typed (all your tests and competitions included).
25K words typed: Totalize 25,000 words typed (all your tests and competitions included).
50K words typed: Totalize 50,000 words typed (all your tests and competitions included).
100K words typed: Totalize 100,000 words typed (all your tests and competitions included).
250K words typed: Totalize 250,000 words typed (all your tests and competitions included).
500K words typed: Totalize 500,000 words typed (all your tests and competitions included).
1M words typed: Totalize 1,000,000 words typed (all your tests and competitions included).

Paljas

Re: New achievements (badges to unlock) suggestions

Post by Paljas » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:31 am

Would be nice to be notified when you have achieved a new badge.

new_yomuro

Post by new_yomuro » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:12 am

Linsk... Image but I wrote those ages ago... The profile views counter doesn't even exist anymore.
You guys are really working on this now and with some new, very interesting ideas. I'm sure Chris will like 'em. :)

Paljas wrote:Would be nice to be notified when you have achieved a new badge.

Someone had also suggested this a while ago, it is a nice thing to have. Some sort of pop up notification underneath the address bar would also be nice.

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Thank you all for participating and thank you Linsk for writing the post and the list :)

I added this list to my "profile overhaul"-ToDo Item. This ToDo item will optimize the profile page considering the added content and also I will add achievements that have been requested from a lot of you guys.

The profile overhaul will still have to wait a bit, as I want to create a few more features/modes before overhauling the profile page (otherwise I have to overhaul it soon afterwards).

My current plan is (keep in mind this can change):
- new mobile version
- anti cheat test
- numpad ninja
- profile overhaul

edit: Hi Yomuro, wellcome back :) I haven't forgotten about your achievement suggestions, they are still hanging on my wall, waiting to be implemented :)

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:15 pm

I will also feel more comfortable adding a few of those achievements that I previously thought were not a good idea because cheating was so easy.

Linkbane

Post by Linkbane » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:36 am

Perhaps something of interest would be a badge awarded for reaching top x%, say top 10, 5, 2, 1, 0.1, and 0.01 in a specific language for any period of time, and being permanent.

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu » Sun May 28, 2017 5:16 am

What are the links supposed to be? I just get the home of 10ff

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Sun May 28, 2017 10:37 am

The links were broken. It's fixed now. ;)

gabrielsebben

Post by gabrielsebben » Tue May 30, 2017 9:42 pm

My suggestion is an badge that represents how many records you have or maybe one badge that says "well this guy its the better in one language".

Maybe we could call it "Godfather" or someone like this heheheheh :lol:

Because much of our users really don't attend the forum... unfortunately.

Well, for now this is my idea, see you gouys.

Ogmur

Post by Ogmur » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:15 pm

As Linsk suggested, 110 WPM and 120 WPM (possibly 150 too) achievements. Maybe 175/200 WPM Achievements of Honor as I recently achieved 197 WPM I think it would be really cool to have a 200 WPM achievement for the select few who can actually type that fast. I know there isn't many who have achieved over 200 WPM on the site legit but it would be pretty neat. I'd especially like to see some achievements for typing faster than 100 WPM because I was typing that fast when I first joined the site back in 2012 when I first started practicing typing!