New graph design

Comments and suggestions to help improve 10FF.
Stephen Athon

New graph design

Post by Stephen Athon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:09 pm

As an avid user, I just want to say thanks for all the work you have done in updating the site. The fullscreen graph is awsome because it lets you see the last 500 tests instead of the last 50. But the best thing about the new system is how it divides each language into its own chart. I didn't like how typing in different languages negatively affected my average wpm; now the problem is solved, AND it encourages me to practice other languages more.

This also makes other profiles more interesting to check out... I wish we could leave comments on profiles, as it would add interest and encourage friendly competition.

Kanto-Dream

Re: New graph design

Post by Kanto-Dream » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:09 pm

I totally agree!

This graph is absolutely awesome, for every point Stephen said, and for the zoom we can do also!
This new stuff is just what I would call "epic"

But if there where some "negative" ( "not positive" would be a more appropriate word) things to point out about this, they would be:

- A "max WPM" and "min WPM" line should be added
- The "intermediate scores lines" (ex: y=100, y=105, y=110 etc..) should be more see able, so that we evaluate easier the scores without putting our mouse on the specific test.
- Average lines shouldn't be the same colors than the coloured surface, in order, again, to make it more seeable.

About the comments Stephen mentioned, it's a good idea, but I think general chatroom or private messages should also be good things!
But I guess Christian is already working on it, nor he has more important things to do

Arcanagos

Re: New graph design

Post by Arcanagos » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:01 pm

I totally agree with the previous posts. Thanks really, especially for splitting the different languages into different charts, and for increasing the data provided in the charts :)

I'm new, but I'll be more comfortable trying languages with this new system :)

The only thing I dislike is that I preffered the former chart design, but I'll probably get used to the new one :)

So, thanks for this site and the upgrades you are doing to it :)