Welcome/suggestions

Comments and suggestions to help improve 10FF.
jallis

Welcome/suggestions

Post by jallis » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Well, hello everyone! Now as you all can see, Christian has listened and started using a new forum layout. I myself would like to thank him, and I am sure many others also would like to do that. Now, I also want to start the transition, and the only way to do that is to start posting here.

I also have a question though, how will the system work in terms of sub-forums? Will there be one for each language, and one for each kind of test? Or will you just have this one general option because you don't feel that the sub-forums are needed?

My idea is to have one for things like cheating and suggestions on how to spot them and to stop it, and then also one for suggestions where people can share their opinion on what should be changed and such, like things in the tests. Also, I think we should have one for bugs, And then maybe one for off-topic things or gossip like the one in the old forum is called.

I hope you appreciate these suggestions and I give you a thank you for switching layout!

christianstrang
Site Admin

Re: Welcome/suggestions

Post by christianstrang » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Hello :)
I appreciate the feedback.
For now I would like to start with just one forum and then add new sub-forums once the need arises. Otherwise we would end up with a lot of "dead" sub-forums. Lets just see what people will post about and if there are, for example, a lot of "feature suggestion" posts, we can create a new sub-forum and move those topics over.

I'll have to adjust a few settings with this forum first, but you can already start posting. Send me a private issue, or better an email ([email protected]) if something doesn't work :)

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi, :)

First of all, a big thank you Chris for this wonderful forum.

About subforums, let's wait and see what is created. The topics mentioned by jallis are indeed recurring. There is also typing tips, stats and tops.

For now Gossip is already created and I'm going to reopen "Cheaters" too.

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:35 pm

I'm still searching for the function to send "new topics" automatically to my email inbox, this way I don't need to check the forum, but still know when there is a new topic. If anybody knows how to do it or if there is a plugin, please let me know :)

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Chris, you need to click on the link "Subscribe forum" written in white on a gray background at the bottom left of the page (on the same line as the link "The team").

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Awesome, thank you!! :D

Ivan

Post by Ivan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:26 am

Hey Chris! I see you moved to phpBB already! I didn't really notice since the end of 2012 has been pretty busy for me. I hope you had a great holiday. It's the first week of 2013! LOL (I'm getting so off-topic).
Anyway, just want to say thanks for making the move. Will be hanging around here once in a while.