achievements

Comments and suggestions to help improve 10FF.
Cthulhu

achievements

Post by Cthulhu » Thu May 25, 2017 7:18 am

I think it is time to add some more achievements to 10ff for the most dedicated 10ff users. Here are some ideas:
10k,50k,100k,500k,1m,5m,10m
Dedication(do 10,000 tests and 10,000 copntests)
50k,100k honor test and contest
polyglot (every language with at least 5 tests taken)
120,150 Wpm
cheater honor 150+wpm (might not be a good idea to call them cheaters lol)
Text practice counter with achievements
top 1000 achievements
1k,5k,10k,50k incorrect words typed
achievement for finding a word in a test (make the chances of getting the word 1 in 5k or something like that)
mobile,console,pc (access 10ff from them)

other suggestions:
Structured typing tests (like typeracer but it has its own seperate catagory)
Make a trivia section (quiz on random keyboard knowledge and 10ff knowledge)
--------------------------
sorry for the block and I will come up with better ideas. sorry for any spelling errors:)

Linsk

Re: achievements

Post by Linsk » Thu May 25, 2017 11:08 am

There is this topic where you can read and post new badges suggestions.

For any other suggestion, please use the Feedback page.

ethereal

Post by ethereal » Thu May 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Realistically, nobody's going to have made 10 million tests. That would require 166,667 hours of registered testing time, which in account for refreshing and accessing the site would require about 200,000. That means if you were to type for 8 hours a day, which is hardly plausible, you'd have to type for over 68 years without any breaks. I'd say the most an achievement should warrant is 100,000, and it'd go along with the Achievements of Honor.

The dedication achievements are cool, but to go along with the other achievements I think they should be capped at 50,000, for a combined 100,000 minutes worth of testing. (And possibly start lower, maybe 2,500 or 5,000, making them Achievements of Honor).

The polyglot achievement is a nice idea, but I think they should be formatted similarly to the Flawless achievements, where the benchmark is 70wpm and it should be a series of achievements, each with more required languages than the previous (I mean, just look at Linsk, he's a fluent typist in over 40).

Cheater honor is nice (With a name change), and it'd be cool to see achievements of honor based off of speed, because currently there aren't any. The incorrect words typed seems obsolete, considering the purpose of 10FF is for users to practice their typing proficiency. The achievement for finding a word reminds me of The Wampus from NitroType, but I think the rate should be much rarer (For instance, a user who types at 100wpm will encounter the word approximately once every 50 tests, meaning users who type in excess of 100 tests a day will have no problem earning this achievement). Perhaps the rarity should be based off of tests as opposed to words typed, to equalize the rarity between slow and fast typists.

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu » Fri May 26, 2017 1:45 am

sorry about that I was talking about words typed lol.

ethereal

Post by ethereal » Fri May 26, 2017 2:39 pm

Oh haha, that makes sense, I like the idea. I'd probably cap it at 5m though, just because only one user has ever obtained it.

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu » Sat May 27, 2017 5:19 am

I agree, but I think they should count from custom text and competitions. Thank you for telling me what you think!