New "practice" mode

10FF news, updates and polls.
jallis

Re: New "practice" mode

Post by jallis » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:38 pm

The ones you reported here? I find that odd, considering this is what Christian said to me in the email: "thank you for the updated list, I put it on the server :)"

I am sure I removed all the ones you said were bad in the thread, and replaced them with other common Norwegian words that I found in the same list the other ones came from (don't worry though, I made sure that they were normal and actually Norwegian). I don't know if Christian has anything to say on this subject or not, but I for sure gave him the list with the new words.

jolos

Post by jolos » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:16 am

The wrong words are unfortunately still there. Here is one example:

jolos

Post by jolos » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:02 pm

I'm really looking forward to getting this sortet out, Christian. :)

The non-Norwegian words are still there in the practice mode. Here's an example:

TheUltimate11YrOld

Post by TheUltimate11YrOld » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:58 pm

I'm looking forward to this new feature, Also a huge fan of this site, I gained 15 WPM, In about half a month! I'm now at 101 WPM. This feature should help me out typing wise.

~That young typing master.~

Kanto-Dream

Post by Kanto-Dream » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi,

I have an issue about the hardcore top 1000.
Sometimes, with no reason, this happens: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... -titre.png

I typed the last word correctly, and I just press "space" to validate it.. But it seems that the last space is counted as a character in the word, so it takes the last word+ one space as one word typed incorrectly...

Thx!

Danegraphics

Post by Danegraphics » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:55 pm

I want to see a feature where we can choose which letters we want to do a test with in each word. For example, I have issues with v,c,p,l, and q. I choose those letters and only words including those letters will appear in the text. If I select only the letter C, then I want only words with the letter C to appear in the text (Car, racket, back, cheater, beach, success, etc.)

This would help a lot with training tyíng techniques.

Perhaps this same principle could apply to letter combinations as well such as "pl", "qu", and "cr".

jallis

Post by jallis » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:37 am

I believe you can do that. Just go into practice mode and press freestryle mode. There you can choose your own letters.

Kanto-Dream

Post by Kanto-Dream » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:35 am

But the freestyle mode is just about deleting keys that we don't wnati t to appear, instead of showing words only with the letter we've selected, no?

I don't know, it's just what I thought, I never use this thing ^^

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi guys :)
the freestyle mode was intended to do that, though I have stopped working on it, I will rebuild this mode in the near future :)

Danegraphics

Post by Danegraphics » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:31 pm

christianstrang wrote:Hi guys :)
the freestyle mode was intended to do that, though I have stopped working on it, I will rebuild this mode in the near future :)

So then, will you put it in the new practice mode or fix it and leave it in the freestyle mode?

Kanto-Dream wrote:But the freestyle mode is just about deleting keys that we don't wnati t to appear, instead of showing words only with the letter we've selected, no?

I don't know, it's just what I thought, I never use this thing ^^

That's exactly what freestyle mode does, even though I would like it to do this:
Danegraphics wrote:I want to see a feature where we can choose which letters we want to do a test with in each word.
If I select only the letter C, then I want only words with the letter C to appear in the text (Car, racket, back, cheater, beach, success, etc.)
Perhaps this same principle could apply to letter combinations as well such as "pl", "qu", and "cr".