"Practice Text"-Mode Feedback & Suggestion Topic

10FF news, updates and polls.
christianstrang
Site Admin

Re: "Practice Text"-Mode Feedback & Suggestion Topic

Post by christianstrang » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Sorry, haven't added it yet :)
Once I do, I will show the characters as well as a small popover with the text inside (not entirely sure how this will work, but should be possible).

Thank you for the feedback!!

Mak

Post by Mak » Fri May 24, 2013 2:41 pm

The feature seems great overall. Any plans to introduce french language in this any time soon ? (or maybe there is actually a way to use it in french in which case I didn't find it).

Keep up the great work :)

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Fri May 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Hey Mak :)
I plan to focus on the text practice mode and the freestyle mode once the "numpad ninja" mode is done. So it will probably still take 3-4 months but if you have feedback (for examples things you would like to see/do in the text practice mode) please let me know :D

Kanto-Dream

Post by Kanto-Dream » Sat May 25, 2013 9:15 am

Hi,

I have just noticed a bug in the Top1000

I don't know if it is right but when you misspell the last word then you valid the word (by pressing on spacebar), then the test doesn't stop, and the WPM progress bar keep reducing.
Moreover, when I go back to the list of tests, then the test is not counted, it is like I don't have done any test, and I have to do it again.

Don't know if it is a bug, but I prefered report it ^^

EDIT: This bug happened about 7-8 times. Everytime the last word is false, then the test isn't validated.
But the same thing just happened 2 times in a row but the last word was correct, and the progress bar keep reducing, and the test is not validated... When I'm writing this, I'm in level 111-160 ^^

RE-EDIT: I must be really annoying... Sorry.
I have finally managed this level 111-160, but another weir thing happened:
http://www.noelshack.com/2013-21-136947 ... op1000.png
I think this happened because I type the first word with 255 WPM (a 4-letters word ^^ ), and the 255WPM has been registered. I know I have done between 110-115 WPM, so I think when 255WPM is reached, then this high score is saved for the whole test ^^

Thanks, and I'm really sorry for being annoying

PS: Sorry for bad english

jallis

Post by jallis » Sat May 25, 2013 6:18 pm

I think you should merge the two threads, because I always catch myself replying on the wrong one xD

jallis

Post by jallis » Mon May 27, 2013 3:26 pm

There's one thing that keeps happening to me when I am using the top1000 mode. Sometimes when I finish a test the test just doesn't end and I don't get a score. I don't quite know what causes this, but it has happened sometimes to me now :(

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Wed May 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Chris, the top1000 practice mode is really great, thanks for that, but there is a problem in my opinion. Among the languages you added, some have their words sorted alphabetically (French, Indonesian, Italian, Romanian and Swedish).

But you need lists built according words frequency and not otherwise, in order to experiment a gradually increasing difficulty. Thus, the progress in this mode would be more fun and natural.

It seems indeed more logical to start with the most common words in the first level and finish with the most difficult in the last level. If the words are in alphabetical order, the worst difficulties may be encountered in the first level, which may discourage the user.

You should therefore ensure that all your lists are based on the decreasing frequency of words, especially if your goal is that we become familiar with the advanced mode. I can help you, at least for the French list.

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Wed May 29, 2013 9:37 pm

@Kanto-Dream: Sorry for responding so late and don't worry you aren't annoying, I like constructive feedback :D

I couldn't fix the "last word" bug yet because I don't know how to reproduce it :/ will keep an eye on it!

I think this happened because I type the first word with 255 WPM (a 4-letters word ^^ ), and the 255WPM has been registered. I know I have done between 110-115 WPM, so I think when 255WPM is reached, then this high score is saved for the whole test ^^

That is weird, I have to look into it!

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Wed May 29, 2013 9:42 pm

@Linsk: Oh damn, didn't even check but you are right!
I will send you the top1000 word list for french and will currently deactivate it for these languages.

VinceMiller

Post by VinceMiller » Thu May 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Spanish wordbank still sucks ... but let's wait for the Spaniards to give their thoughts on this, right? xDD