"Practice Text"-Mode Feedback & Suggestion Topic

10FF news, updates and polls.
jallis

Re: "Practice Text"-Mode Feedback & Suggestion Topic

Post by jallis » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:04 pm

As long as that "Last word glitch" is in the mode I think it's unplayable. For me it occurs at about fifty percent of the time, and that just makes me so pissed off every time I finish a good race. It's almost as you don't want to play it just because of it because you think that you won't get any score at all.

I am sorry for whining like a little b****, but I mean that this is a big problem. Don't take me wrong though, you don't need to hurry, I just want you to prioritize this problem over some of the other problems (if there are some at all). But again, sorry for complaining and being annoying.

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:33 am

Hey, I think I found a way to reproduce this bug: just type the last word with a single letter (regardless the word length), which must be different from its first letter.

For example, if the last word is "and", you can type "z" then space to confirm. This causes the bug.

Hoping this will help you, Chris.

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:10 am

Linsk, you are awesome! :D
Should be fixed in the next couple of hours, will let you know in this topic!

Mak

Post by Mak » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:35 am

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but there seems to be an issue with the test when you happen to miss the last letter (or word ?) of the test. The test will just not end and you're simply good to start over. I use French language so I'm not sure if this applies to every language, but it happened to me on pretty good runs (~170 WPM) and well... I was kinda disapointed :D

Also, is there a way you could implement the WPM counter in the normal and advanced tests ? I think it'd be great.

Other than that, this practice mode is awesome. Keep up the good work :D

EDIT: nevermind I just read the last 2 posts :D

Kanto-Dream

Post by Kanto-Dream » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:34 pm

I was going too answer to Makk but... no :p

Mak wrote:
Also, is there a way you could implement the WPM counter in the normal and advanced tests ? I think it'd be great.

I think it would be great, yes, in the box next to the type bar, for exemple, but the "WPM progress bar" is cool, so I think both of them should exist :D

And yes, Linsk, you are amazing! :D
But... Unfortunately it doesn't explain why this issue happened to me twice in english, whereas the last word was correct :(

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Alright, this should work now as intended, if you spot another bug with this functionality, please let me know (would be great if you could describe the steps to reproduce the issue).

Kanto-Dream

Post by Kanto-Dream » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Yes ,it works the most of the time, but something happened to me twice in a row. The last word was correct (green), but the test wasn't finished yet anyway.

I have tested it many times, with the last word correct/incorrect, it worked perfectly, except twice.

So I think ( But it would be REALLY weird) some bugs happen... randomly.

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Ok I modified a small thing that might have caused this (not sure though). Let me know if this bug still appears (you have to reload the page with CTRL+R to get the update).

Kanto-Dream

Post by Kanto-Dream » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi,

Sorry to bother you again, but I have noticed another bug, and I don't know if I really have to report it... But there it is:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... 1-bug2.png

I think I have typed " preque " instead of " presque ".

This is not really annoying ( It is even great ahah :D ), and, as I said, I didn't know if this had to be report ^^

jallis

Post by jallis » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:09 pm

I am wondering about something. I know that you're planning on adding something to the profile with this mode, but I am wondering, are you going to be adding challenges to it aswell? You know, like "repeat the same level 10 times" or something like that.

Oh, also, thanks for fixing the bug with the mode not ending. It haven't occured to me yet since the update.