Alternate layout top typists

Help and information regarding the 10FF website.
Linkbane

Alternate layout top typists

Post by Linkbane » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:43 am

Hi guys, I'm just posting here to ask about the fastest Dvorak, Colemak, Maltron, etc. typists. I haven't seen from browsing profiles any Dvorak typists over 100, nor typists of a format (in English) other than Qw/Az-erty and Dvorak. My fastest speed was 143 in competition, but I can't seem to find any other alternate layout typists approaching that speed, if at all.
My profile, by the by: http://10fastfingers.com/user/2956/

jallis

Re: Alternate layout top typists

Post by jallis » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:44 pm

I see your point; it would be really cool to have more leaderboards. However, I feel like it would be a waste to add a leaderboard for every layout. The reason behind this is that there are not very man typists that use a non-QWERTY layout, which would make the lists very small. I personally have only even heard about Dvorak and Colemak, and I consider myself pretty interested in typing. Sure, that is arguable, but the point remains, there are not enough players for each different one. If anything, then maybe only adding one extra leaderboard for Dvorak would work, but IMO any other layout would just be a waste of time. Also, I feel the need to state that this is my personal opinion :D

grey.skies

Post by grey.skies » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:10 am

I too would like to see a leaderboards for Dvorak. I don't think Dvorak is as under utilized as most people think. I am teaching myself Dvorak at present, hoping to see my accuracy improve. It would be a nice feature if we could separate our scores according to our keyboard layouts.

theleo

Post by theleo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:45 pm

I use colemak.

I'm not an über typer thou. On qwerty I did 65wpm, with colemak I've now made my way up to around 80.

However, I can't seem to get any more speed than that.

It would be nice to see how fellow colemakians are doing... At least some sort of statistics or something.