My Result Does Not Appear In Competition

Help and information regarding the 10FF website.
ZappX

Re: My Result Does Not Appear In Competition

Post by ZappX » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:51 pm

halpsb wrote:Okay I think I understand what is going on. This must be due to the fact that I finished many typing tests several seconds apart. My goal was only to get to the 1000 typing tests achievement a little quicker :) So for instance, I would type 2.5 lines on one test (roughly 20 wpm, which is the minimum required), then 2.5 lines on another tab, and so on. This way, I would get more tests finished in the same amount of time. I actually thought it to be quite ingenious! :)

I think that this is what triggered the anti cheat engine. The engine not understanding how one could finish so many tests so closely apart.

Any idea on how I can revert to my account being normal again? I've invested too much time for things to end this way :)

Cheers,

As you explained, the last couple of days you've done close to 600 tests, with up to five tests per minute. This is obviously not permitted and a number of users have been banned because of this behaviour. But I'll tell you what, type 600 tests properly, no more than one per minute. During this time, do not participate in any competitions. If this is done, the around 600 illegitimate tests will be deleted and your account restored to normal.

You currently have 1001 tests and 617 competitions.

Good luck!

toddhicks209

Post by toddhicks209 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:50 am

You must have amazing speed to legitimately do so many tests in such a short amount of time.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com

halpsb

Post by halpsb » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:22 pm

Okay then, will do the 600 tests. It's going to take a while, but I will do them! Looking forward to getting my account back to normal.

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:05 pm

halpsb wrote:Okay then, will do the 600 tests. It's going to take a while, but I will do them! Looking forward to getting my account back to normal.

Typing in more than one tab wasn't possible until recently. This opportunity of cheating has now been plugged again. I'll await your 600 tests, and with 115 tests the last 24 hours, you're well on your way! :)

halpsb

Post by halpsb » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:36 pm

I also beat my personal best during those tests and made a nice video of it :) Thanks again for agreeing to do this.

halpsb

Post by halpsb » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:41 pm

ALL DONE! Wow that was tiring haha. 1601 tests taken as we speak :)

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:30 pm

halpsb wrote:I also beat my personal best during those tests and made a nice video of it :) Thanks again for agreeing to do this.

halpsb wrote:ALL DONE! Wow that was tiring haha. 1601 tests taken as we speak :)

That was fast. 600 tests at a very high speed in only four days, and a recorded best of 161 WPM to boot. Well done! I'll set the wheels i motion to have your account restored back to normal.

halpsb

Post by halpsb » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:43 pm

Haha it was pretty fast indeed. I didn't expect to get it done so quickly, but I was motivated. The 161 I am pretty proud of, I had been stuck at 157 wpm for a long time and never seemed to be able to get past it. I have always wanted to break the 160 bar :) Thanks again for restoring my account back to normal, I appreciate it.

halpsb

Post by halpsb » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:58 pm

Any idea on when things should get back to normal? Also, will the number of competitions won etc return to normal as well?

Thanks

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:14 pm

halpsb wrote:Any idea on when things should get back to normal? Also, will the number of competitions won etc return to normal as well?

Thanks

I've sent an email to the site admin, so we'll have to wait for him to take action. It might have been unfortunate timing since the weekend is starting now, and worst case he'll be off till Monday. But rest assured, the account will be fixed with all competition wins included.