Bug?

Help and information regarding the 10FF website.
Slein

Bug?

Post by Slein » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Well... I was doing a few tests and i usually average about 108 wpm. But sometimes i do a test and my result comes back and tells me i got about ~25 correct words and ~80 wrong words, even though i'm 100% sure i did not type more than 3 words or so wrong.... They all appeard green on my screen but the test counted them as wrong. My Profile is http://10fastfingers.com/user/406880/ its about the 23 WPM test on 2014-03-13.
(the 17WPM test a few days earlier is legit, i was on the phone and stopped typing ;-D )

The problem occured a few times already, i wasn't always logged into my account and i wasn't using the same computer every time it happend.

Slein

Re: Bug?

Post by Slein » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:49 pm

:evil: it does not stop, now the test showed that i typed over 50 wrong words again, i would have fking noticed if i would have typed the wrong words, this is ruinging my statistics and fun....

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:14 am

I know the feeling. I've typed thousands of tests and competitons in many languages for over two years, and only recently experienced this bug. It occurred for the first time when typing in Icelandic a couple of months ago, and has happened several times since in the same language, both logged on and off. Not long ago I also got the same bug when typing in a German competition logged off.

Brokenmind

Bug in the error calculation?

Post by Brokenmind » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:23 pm

I noticed this quite some time ago, but recently I had a hard time in some competitions, so I'm posting it here.

Example: In one competition, I had an error in word #5, corrected it and continued. The result was this:
(screenshot in German, but you get the idea.)

Apparently, the correction caused some internal shift which is not visible from the outside. Every subsequent word was registered as wrong, although they were all displayed right.

So obviously I had to redo the competition, this time without the error. Result:

I wonder: Is this error known, and how does it occur? I can't seem to make up a rule to prevent it, but the difference in the screenshots above is really grave.

Edit: Okay, I didn't know there already is a thread for this. (Moderator moved it here. Thanks!)
Last edited by Brokenmind on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_________.../\¯¯¯\/\¯¯¯\
__________/_.\___\-\___\
__________\_./.__/_/___/
_________...\/_/\¯\/___/
_________....../...\___\
_________......\.../___/
at last!_______-\/___/_______.Typing profile on 10ff

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:44 pm

This is a known and very annoying bug. Often when visiting users typing in German I see low results with an excessive amount of wrong words. I can't remember seeing this in English for example, so German seems to be especially prone to getting this bug.

Edit:

No problem, the headline of this thread could have been better and I don't expect people to know every topic in here. Nice description of the bug though!

Wrong wpm / bug

Post by 2014 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:22 pm

I just got 83 wpm with 82 wrong words and 95 correct words.

If I EVER feel like I have way too many wrong words, I wouldn't continue but rather restart.

What should I do to prevent this from happening in the future?

http://10fastfingers.com/user/997078/

philphilphil

Post by philphilphil » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:35 pm

I just encountered this Bug.. any way to delete those wrong results?

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:09 pm

2014 wrote:What should I do to prevent this from happening in the future?

There seems to be no way of preventing this bug from happening except fixing the bug itself.

philphilphil wrote:I just encountered this Bug.. any way to delete those wrong results?

Only the site admin are able to delete results, so you would have to contact him:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2247

Chances are it's going to happen again though. :(

AlejandroEiro

Bug? Hack? what?

Post by AlejandroEiro » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:14 pm

Hello everyone out there! Just have a simple question. My promedy is about 110 ppp, and always get at least 100 on every turn but for some reason sometimes when I think I just beat my record the screen will show me like 90 wrongs and 30 good... wtf? is there any bug on the program or someone might be doing something on purpose or what? It´s really strange and to be honest ruins pretty much the escense of the game. Please anyone having the same problem? any solution? Every 10 test I take at least 3 or 4 appears with these bad results. Help! and thank you so much in advance!

GoingGalaxy

Post by GoingGalaxy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:44 pm

Hi. So, I don't know if this is a bug or my laptop, but sometimes if I type a word too fast, it skips one, two or three words without me pressing anything. Help?