Another bug.

Help and information regarding the 10FF website.
chimchim

Re: Bug

Post by chimchim » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Sorry LARSSS! I'd proudly take losses in lieu of a bug not seeing your faster scores :)

I thought the algorithm and flow was that as long as you can start typing(even starting at "ends in 1 second"), meant your score would be saved... particularly because even after time expires, you don't see the "W" until what I thought was all of the last second stragglers(pronounced "ChimChim") have finished their races? Otherwise it seems there would be no reason to not have any latency between "finished", and "W".

Seems like less bytes to fix it this way than add to logic to the "t-minus-one-minute" section of code.

Anyways.. regardless of the fix, the screenshot and full-size poster printouts I have taped to my every wall of my office show a bug definitely worthy of a chuckle :)

..ChimChim

LARSSS wrote:This has happened already 3x to me Chim haha :( Decided not to post this as a bug because of the following
I guess the winner gets decided at 0:00, like qbZ says.
It is possible to start typingat 0:30 and you can still type even if the counter has passed the 0:00.. but the Winner is decided then already, your score will still be uploaded but it is too late.

I know it is annoying, maybe it will comfort you that this has happened 3x to me already (;