Result included into the wrong Top 50 list (Bug?)

Help and information regarding the 10FF website.
Soner

Result included into the wrong Top 50 list (Bug?)

Post by Soner » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Hello,

I wanted to point my finger towards a bad bug, which added my typing result into the wrong Top 50 list. I've just typed 162 wpm at the standard German test but the result has been added into the French Top 50 list. Now, I'm ranked first at the French test without deserving it. I had practiced the French test before trying the German test. I don't know what could have caused this problem and I also don't know whether this bug is known. It seems like that sometimes the Top 50-List doesn't load simultaneously when swiching to a different language. Could this be an explanation?

ZappX

Re: Result included into the wrong Top 50 list (Bug?)

Post by ZappX » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:11 pm

I've never heard of this before. Here are the four tests you took in this time period in chronological order:

1. Normal English
2. Advanced English
3. Normal English
4. Normal French (should have been German?)

It appears the last test you took before the potential bug was in English and not French. Maybe you went from English to French without finishing any tests, before switching to German?

In any case, if you wish, I'll try to get the French score of 162 WPM deleted.

Soner

Post by Soner » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:34 am

The German test I took with the result of 162 wpm was simply counted/registered as a French test. It was also wrongly put into my graph on my profile. That's why there is not any trace of the German test I took. My best French result was 145 wpm on this day. You can reinstate this result.

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:33 am

Soner wrote:The German test I took with the result of 162 wpm was simply counted/registered as a French test.

I realize that, but I'm trying to figure out how it happened.

Soner wrote:I had practiced the French test before trying the German test.

What's puzzling is that while you took many French tests some hours earlier, there are no French tests just before the bug, only English.

Soner wrote:It seems like that sometimes the Top 50-List doesn't load simultaneously when swiching to a different language. Could this be an explanation?

Since it appears you didn't type in French just before the bug, I wondered in my first post if you had switched from English to the French section without taking any French tests, maybe to check out the leaderboard. And then went to the German section and typed the test of 162 WPM that showed up as a French test in your stats. I asked since it's unclear how the bug happened, and more information is needed to figure it out.

Soner wrote:You can reinstate this result.

The best and easiest option would be to just delete the score. Since it's a bug it can't be trusted anyway, and fortunately this is not your highest result in German.

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:36 pm

If you had more than one tab open, this is probably what happened:

http://10fastfingers.uservoice.com/foru ... r-language

The bug is now fixed. Thanks to Landon Powell for coming up with this explanation!