Top 1000 words: Sequences doubled?

Help and information regarding the 10FF website.
Brokenmind

Top 1000 words: Sequences doubled?

Post by Brokenmind » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:46 am

I noticed, while trying to get through the ranks in the top 1000 words, that every word occurs twice, in a way that the first 50% of each test are simply duplicated. If this is true, why is it the case, or could it be a bug? I mainly noticed because some word sequences are so hilarious that it really stands out if they occur twice (and you can actually look forward to seeing them the second time).

PS: Any chance to see a "top 1000 words completion" somewhere in the achievements some time? ;)
_________.../\¯¯¯\/\¯¯¯\
__________/_.\___\-\___\
__________\_./.__/_/___/
_________...\/_/\¯\/___/
_________....../...\___\
_________......\.../___/
at last!_______-\/___/_______.Typing profile on 10ff

Linsk

Re: Top 1000 words: Sequences doubled?

Post by Linsk » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:51 am

Hello Brokenmind,

You noticed well, it's not a bug. The string of words is duplicated in each level. Basically the top 1000 mode is intented to train yourself on only 50 different words at a time (and 100 words for boss levels). I don't know exactly why the admin duplicated them, but he probably thought that typing each word only 1 times was not enough.

About some top 1000 achievements in profiles, I know that it's planned, but don't know when it will be done.

Brokenmind

Re: Top 1000 words: Sequences doubled?

Post by Brokenmind » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:58 am

Two possible explanations:

Maybe the internal statistics compare the mistakes made in the first 50% of the words and compare them with the mistakes in the second 50% to get an idea whether the person got tired or even improved with the words. As a user, this would certainly be interesting!

On the other hand, let's do some math (I didn't realise this at first):
Each normal level contains 100 words, but covers only 50 (001-050, 951-1000).
Each boss level contains 200 words, but covers only 100 (001-100, 901-1000).
So on average, every word needs to come up, and the only remaining question is why they are not shuffled.
_________.../\¯¯¯\/\¯¯¯\
__________/_.\___\-\___\
__________\_./.__/_/___/
_________...\/_/\¯\/___/
_________....../...\___\
_________......\.../___/
at last!_______-\/___/_______.Typing profile on 10ff