Strange result?

Help and information regarding the 10FF website.
DutchGreek

Strange result?

Post by DutchGreek » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:54 pm

Hello,

If you look on my 10FF profile http://10fastfingers.com/user/500000/
there is suddenly a result, made at 4 in the midnight (when I'm sleeping) which is 116 WPM after 66 WPM
How is this possible, I don't mind about the result as that is very good (I would get about 80 max lol) but I was sleeping at that time. I changed my password already. Or are you able to check IPs for my account? :)

the only reason I could think of, is that some moderator added that result on my profile, because earlier I got 15 WPM when I must have stopped typing without noticing, so my average WPM would have dropped, haha. If this case is true, thanks for your Christmas present.

Merry Christmas!
DutchGreek

Brokenmind

Re: Strange result?

Post by Brokenmind » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:27 pm

That peak certainly looks a bit strange (nice user ID btw).

I might have an explanation for the 15 WPM drop: There are some known bugs where the internal counter breaks, and it adds all subsequent types to the "wrong words" or drops them out altogether. You can see two of those drops on my 10FF profile. As far as I know, the cause for that is not yet known and does not even occur for all languages. Maybe that's your case here as well...

As for how you got the double score, I have no clue. However, you say you were sleeping at that time, but the preceding 66 WPM were made only 5 minutes before that (4:05AM vs 4:10AM). So you even improved while you were sleeping? :D

Greetings and Merry Christmas,
Brokenmind
_________.../\¯¯¯\/\¯¯¯\
__________/_.\___\-\___\
__________\_./.__/_/___/
_________...\/_/\¯\/___/
_________....../...\___\
_________......\.../___/
at last!_______-\/___/_______.Typing profile on 10ff

DutchGreek

Post by DutchGreek » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:41 pm

Hehe thank you!

And for the 15 WPM drop, I didn't know there was an explanation for it (and I still don't really understand what you mean) but I really think I just started typing there and when I wanted to do F5 and switched to another tab, I actually didn't hit the F5 key I guess. This was also the first time ever I got this. So I don't really know what you mean and if that should be the cause. :P

And I don't know what happened during sleeping, maybe I was sleep walking which improved my typing skills. XD

Merry 3rd Christmas Day!

toddhicks209

Post by toddhicks209 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:56 am

I just hit the F5 key a few times but no new tab opened. You can quickly open a new tab by holding down a CTRL key and hitting the T key.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com

DutchGreek

Post by DutchGreek » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Sorry, that's not what I meant, sometimes when my test doesn't go well I press the F5 key and then switch to another tab (just as I have usually many tabs opened up and do different things) but I think I didn't press the F5 key well there.. :p

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:43 pm

Three tests were taken that night:

2015-12-20 04:05:23 - 66 WPM (Greek)
2015-12-20 04:07:04 - 129 WPM (Dutch)
2015-12-20 04:10:48 - 116 WPM (Greek)

If we assume you took those tests, this is what might have happened:

http://10fastfingers.uservoice.com/foru ... r-language

You first opened a tab and typed 66 WPM in Greek. Then you opened a second tab in Dutch and typed a test of 129 WPM. You switched back to the first Greek tab and reset (F5). The words of the Greek test changed to Dutch, but the test of 116 WPM was registered in Greek.

The bug is now fixed.

PS: I'll ask the site admin to delete the Greek results of 15 WPM and 116 WPM.