Difference between normal and advanced test

Help and information regarding the 10FF website.
FugasCZ

Difference between normal and advanced test

Post by FugasCZ » Mon May 16, 2016 11:56 am

Hi all,
Please I have 2 questions:
1. What is the "right" difference between normal and advanced test. I type over 60 WPM in normal test in czech language, but cant get over 40 WPM in advanced test. I see some typer have higher advanced that normal test. :o
2. Is here some possibilities that I can set language for my account. I mean if I loged in I have tests (normal and advanced), practice text automaticaly in czech language. Or I must it all time switched it to czech.
P.S. Sorry for my english, hope you understand it.
Thank you

toddhicks209

Re: Difference between normal and advanced test

Post by toddhicks209 » Tue May 17, 2016 7:38 am

Check your settings in the user control panel to set or adjust your preferences.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Tue May 17, 2016 8:07 am

Hi and welcome FugasCZ,

Normal test = 200 most common words.
Advanced test = 1000 most common words.

That's all.

FugasCZ

Post by FugasCZ » Tue May 17, 2016 9:26 am

Linsk wrote:Hi and welcome FugasCZ,

Normal test = 200 most common words.
Advanced test = 1000 most common words.

That's all.

Yes, I know that it is 200 and 1000 word. But I mean which speed can be right. Most players have slower advanced test against normal (is it right I think) but they have different abou 5-10WPM. My difference is 20 WPM. So my question is what is right difference.

toddhicks209 wrote:Check your settings in the user control panel to set or adjust your preferences.

Think that it change me languge of site not language of tests. Thanks

ZappX

Post by ZappX » Tue May 17, 2016 5:41 pm

FugasCZ wrote:1. What is the "right" difference between normal and advanced test. I type over 60 WPM in normal test in czech language, but cant get over 40 WPM in advanced test. I see some typer have higher advanced that normal test. :o

There's really no right difference in speed between the normal and advanced mode. In general the advanced mode is tougher because there are more words and the average word tends to be more difficult. The difference in speed varies between users, and it mainly comes down to how much you've practiced the words. There are around 200 words in the normal mode and around 1000 words in the advanced. To get equal practice on all words you have to type many more advanced than normal tests.

FugasCZ wrote:2. Is here some possibilities that I can set language for my account. I mean if I loged in I have tests (normal and advanced), practice text automaticaly in czech language. Or I must it all time switched it to czech.

I don't think it's possible. But at least you have the option to bookmark the Czech test and access it directly from there.