Custom typing test vs Text practice?

Help and information regarding the 10FF website.
Phil.g00

Custom typing test vs Text practice?

Post by Phil.g00 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:33 pm

I have newly introduced my 12 year old dyslexic son to touch typing at 10FF and he is coming on leaps and bounds on a blank key keyboard.
I would like to create a list of the 220 Dolch sight words as a Custom typing test. The Dolch sight words list was developed by Dr.Dolch in the 1930-40's as the most common words used in children's books, plus other refinements. Anyway, to make a long story short recognizing them would aid with reading difficulties as well.

As you can see I would like them to appear in random order, which does happen when I make a personal "Custom typing test", but randomization doesn't seem to work when I create a personal "Text practice".
However, the "Text practice" allows me to save the word list, but the "Custom typing test" seems revert to a default word list for every session.
What would I would like is the randomization AND the ability to store my word list with either the custom typing test or the text practice.
Is there a way of doing this please?

I tried to attach the list as a file but was disallowed, here is the list, I would be very happy if someone could even do this as a public list that could be randomized.
This is the list:
a|better|don't|get|I|many|out|she|these|wash|about|big|done|give|if|may|over|show|they|we|after|black|down|go|in|me|own|sing|think|well|again|blue|draw|goes|into|much|pick|sit|this|went|all|both|drink|going|is|must|play|six|those|were|always|bring|eat|good|it|my|please|sleep|three|what|am|brown|eight|got|its|myself|pretty|small|to|when|an|but|every|green|jump|never|pull|so|today|where|and|buy|fall|grow|just|new|put|some|together|which|any|by|far|had|keep|no|ran|soon|too|white|are|call|fast|has|kind|not|read|start|try|who|around|came|find|have|know|now|red|stop|two|why|as|can|first|he|laugh|of|ride|take|under|will|ask|carry|five|help|let|off|right|tell|up|wish|at|clean|fly|her|light|old|round|ten|upon|with|ate|cold|for|here|like|on|run|thank|us|work|away|come|found|him|little|once|said|that|use|would|be|could|four|his|live|one|saw|the|very|write|because|cut|from|hold|long|only|say|their|walk|yellow|been|did|full|hot|look|open|see|them|want|yes|before|do|funny|how|made|or|seven|then|warm|you|best|does|gave|hurt|make|our|shall|there|was|your|

Thank you

Linsk

Re: Custom typing test vs Text practice?

Post by Linsk » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:56 am

Hello,

10FF does not offer the ability to store a custom test. But at least you can add its URL to your bookmarks:
https://10fastfingers.com/widget/typing ... e|was|your

If needed, you can shorten the link with a shortener site:
https://tinyurl.com/y7j8hn45

Note: You should avoid putting a vertical bar at the end of your wordlist, otherwise it will add an empty word in the test.

Phil.g00

Re: Custom typing test vs Text practice?

Post by Phil.g00 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:22 pm

Thank you very much.
That is exactly what I need.