Re: New "practice" mode

Post by cyrak » Fri May 24, 2013 3:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm spanish.

¿Why not the option for spanish people in Top1000 mode? :cry:

jallis

Post by jallis » Fri May 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Hey. I've been playing around with the top1000 gamemode in Practice mode, but there's one thing I'm wondering about. Do you plan on putting statistics on people's profiles and stuff like that? If so, how far have you gotten (if you've even started)?

xaiontilt

Post by xaiontilt » Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

even though it says i can play the practice mode in german, its only in english. is this a bug?
if not, when will i be able to play this in german?

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Wed May 29, 2013 9:34 pm

Hey there :)
14 languages were added :)

Hey. I've been playing around with the top1000 gamemode in Practice mode, but there's one thing I'm wondering about. Do you plan on putting statistics on people's profiles and stuff like that? If so, how far have you gotten (if you've even started)?

Yeah, definitely! Though this might take a while (but every score you achieve now will be taken into consideration and made visible on the profile page)

jallis

Post by jallis » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Hey! This thread hasn't had too many posts in a while now, so I guess I should say something. What I got for you this time is a question. How many people have completed the top1000 mode? Like, are there anyone that have done all the tests on hardcore mode? I myself have just finished the normal softcore mode...

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:42 pm

Hey Jallis :)
good point actually! Maybe I should add something on the practice mode index page (might even incentivize more users to complete the mode on hardcore).

To your question (the results are for the english practice mode): 171 users have completed the softcore mode and 25 have completed the hardcore mode.

209,487 practice rounds have been executed (in all languages)

:)

Impermanence

Post by Impermanence » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:55 am

christianstrang wrote:Hey Jallis :)
good point actually! Maybe I should add something on the practice mode index page (might even incentivize more users to complete the mode on hardcore).

To your question (the results are for the english practice mode): 171 users have completed the softcore mode and 25 have completed the hardcore mode.

I'm surprised so little have completed English softcore and hardcore mode!

christianstrang
Site Admin

Post by christianstrang » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:00 am

Its probably because not many people know about it, I should promote it more (through better UI and Achievements)

grey.skies

Post by grey.skies » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:02 am

Impermanence wrote:
christianstrang wrote:Hey Jallis :)

I'm surprised so little have completed English softcore and hardcore mode!

I must say when I first started practice mode, I found it overwhelming, I was so slow I had to really work hard to achieve 50wpm! But it has helped me A Lot! I'm still quite slow compared to most. But this feature is brilliant. And it has helped me get more accurate and faster with longer, harder words. I dread the day I complete the soft core mode and unlock hardcore. I can't begin to imagine how hard, hard core mode is.