Your least favorite English words to type?

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
new_yomuro

Re: Your least favorite English words to type?

Post by new_yomuro » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:00 pm

Does by "least favorite" you also mean the ones that cause you to slack off while typing? Well if yes, then "everything" would be my least favorite, I mean literally everything lol... Jk. I just type too slow on English words *sigh*... You guys who can get over 150 are simply amazing :!:

grey.skies wrote:My least favourite words to type are: available, words that end in -ility...

Ohh I, too, have aalways hated these words... so much! Always get something doubled in there, either the "i" or "l"...
And also, like it's with Impermanence, words with double vowels: "school", "good", "feel", "tree" -- sometimes I could easily get one of those tripled up... so badly.

andyysplash

Post by andyysplash » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Ever since I started doing these tests (nearly 2 years ago) and I was hitting 55-60wpm because although I was using a fairly good touch-typing technique I was still looking at my hands, I've had a strong dislike for these words:
- Indian
- America
- mountain
- different

But, Indian is fine now, and mountain is ok. America isn't because I don't always use the opposite shift key to the letter I'm pressing and end up leftshifting A and using my left ring-finger to press A. And different it just a pain in the butt. If I get those right then as long as I take it a little slower at the end I tend to get good speeds (fastest being 111WPM which I didn't expect to get).

Btw I'm 15 and have only really been focussing on typing for the last couple years :D

Linkbane

Post by Linkbane » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:56 am

Using Dvorak, so some of my least favorite words are "America (despite living there), people, and any words with 'q' in them".

khryl

Post by khryl » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:14 pm

i'm having difficulties with the two words "different" and "don't".

I m not able to type with 10 finger system so hitting ' is unnormally hard to me. i think i ve yet to have a try where i type "don't" correctly.

karamel

Post by karamel » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:26 pm

I hate seeing long words together--I can deal with any length (I especially love to have short words together because my thumbs tend to hit the space bar very frequently even if I don't mean to) but seeing long words together makes me reflexively slow down. It just intimidates me. xD
Lurking.

ShadowVortex

Post by ShadowVortex » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:17 am

I kept having typos on the word 'analysts'. It's somewhere in Top 501-600 in Practice Mode.

SlowMotion

Post by SlowMotion » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:35 am

Probably "example" "school" and "through" :evil:

Soner

Post by Soner » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:20 pm

I think indivisibility is a very hard word.

shayanjameel08

Post by shayanjameel08 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:12 pm

wears
lairs
liars
pails
slaps
And also "this" "and" "that"...!

nomibucha

Post by nomibucha » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:19 am

referenced,

that was fast.

mine would be, Dolly