10fastfingers team on Whatpulse

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
jallis

10fastfingers team on Whatpulse

Post by jallis » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:13 pm

Hey, I made a post a while back but it didn't gain a lot of attention. I created a team on the site Whatpulse, which is a site that logs how many keystrokes you do. There are also leaderboards and similar things. I would think that someone who frequents this site would press a lot of keys in a day, so if that's the case, you should join our team. All you have to do is make an account, install the software, and join our team. You can see how many keystrokes you have, how many clicks you have, which keys you press the most and more. You could also buy a premium version to get more features. I myself haven't done that, but if you like the program then you could do that.

Here is a link to our team: https://whatpulse.org/team/10fastfingers

toddhicks209

Re: 10fastfingers team on Whatpulse

Post by toddhicks209 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:35 am

It doesn't look like your site has typing tests. That's something that interests me.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com

jallis

Re: 10fastfingers team on Whatpulse

Post by jallis » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:02 pm

Whatpulse isn't my site, and it's not meant for typing tests. What the software does is it counts how many keystrokes one has and when you're in a team it adds up those keystrokes. It's a fairly meaningless site if you don't care about the statistics of your computer inputs, but if you do it's an interesting software.

The reason I am telling the people on this site about it is that people who often use this site will probably be pressing a lot of keys in a short amount of time, and seeing statistics on this could possibly be interesting for those users. Also, there are leaderboards on the site on which team has the most keystrokes, most clicks etc., which I think our team could do well on if we got more members. It would be a meaningless victory if we were to rank high, but it would be kinda fun.