Patreon idea

Comments and suggestions to help improve 10FF.
Insanity01

Patreon idea

Post by Insanity01 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:48 am

I have seen that recently Patreon has been added to the 10ff website.

Personally, an idea I would like would be to not have advertisements shown on the webpage anymore as a Patreon bonus.

Of course, I can just use an adblock and get rid of the ads alltogether, but since I use this website a lot, I feel that having some kind of revenue stream is a good idea. But seeing ads is really quite bothersome (same for the 'get it on google play' button / video).

ImThePerry

Re: Patreon idea

Post by ImThePerry » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:47 pm

That does sound like a fair idea. Although if you're a patreon donator you could just use adblock for the ads yourself as it'd be the same effect except a bit more work on your side. :D

toddhicks209

Post by toddhicks209 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:58 am

Some sites such as this one seem to know how to run ads without being annoying. For example, I haven't seen ads here that cover up the content. It's best to run ads off to the side.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com

ethereal

Post by ethereal » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:13 am

Being that 10FF is accessed by thousands of users daily thus generating heavy traffic, it relies significantly on ad revenue and supporter memberships. You should be grateful enough that the ads featured don't interfere with the functionality of the site.

(also adblock exists)
(but again, it's in the site's best interest for you to disable adblocker)