Just found out about the forum! 190 WPM PR here

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Ogmur

Just found out about the forum! 190 WPM PR here

Post by Ogmur » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:54 am

Hey, my name is Ogmur, I've just found out about the forum after watching a couple of Sean Wrona's videos (been registered since 2012 and didn't even know there was a forum! lol) and decided to register considering I'm a relatively fast typist.

I managed to record my personal record of about 190 WPM a couple days ago, excuse the language within the video, if you want to watch it that is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7qNnlWdajc

I've been slowly increasing my speed over the past week and I've broken my record three times. I first hit 184, then proceeding to get 188 and now 190. I'm looking forward to being able to achieve 200 WPM. I'm also interested in becoming a moderator for 10fastfingers as I notice quite a lot of cheaters who take my place on the leaderboards sometimes. For example, I noticed this guy had cheated and he was shortly thereafter banned by Linsk. https://10fastfingers.com/user/1434739/ I'd also like to start becoming more active within the community so that I can reach my goal of 200 WPM.

Oh, and here is my 10 fast fingers profile if anyone wants to take a look! https://10fastfingers.com/user/290929/

Thanks for spending the time to read!

Linsk

Re: Just found out about the forum! 190 WPM PR here

Post by Linsk » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:48 am

Hello Ogmur and welcome to this forum,

This place is for everyone, not only fast typists. ;) Anyway congratulations for your record. Nice video!

If you are interested in becoming a 10FF moderator, I invite you to read this topic and send me your application by private message.

Ogmur

Post by Ogmur » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi Linsk! Thank you very much. I'll be sure to shoot you a PM as soon as I've posted a bit more on the forums to be able to access the PM feature! It currently says the following:

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature."

I'll be sure to post some more on the forums and as soon as I can PM you I will!

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:00 pm

You should be able to send a PM now. ^^

Ogmur

Post by Ogmur » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:24 pm

Yes I have been able to send the PM! I sent it earlier today. I was getting an error 500 and it caused me to believe the message wasn't sent but once I checked my outbox after attempting to send it three times I realized it had actually sent it every time it gave me error 500 so I kind of spammed you with the PM's haha. My bad!

Ogmur

Post by Ogmur » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Nevermind the above message! I thought I had sent it but it was stuck in my outbox. I tried a different browser and I still can't send the PM. It gives me error 500 every time and it gets stuck in outbox and never gets sent. I don't know what to do about that

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:52 am

Don't worry, it worked. I received 7 messages from you, including 1 that was waiting because my box was full. About the error, I also have it sometimes when I send a PM (the admin should have to look at it), but it doesn't prevent the sending.

Ogmur

Post by Ogmur » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Ok thank you! I have replied to your most recent PM! Sorry about the spam lol!

gabrielsebben

Post by gabrielsebben » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Hello Omgur!

You're welcome. I am Gabriel, from Brazil. I already have some records on this website and I'm also a moderator since this year. It seems that my biggest trouble here is to speak correctly the english. :lol:

Just for curiosity, what is your keyboard? Seems to be a very good mechanic keyboard. :o

Ogmur

Post by Ogmur » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Why thank you! Your English seems to be just fine. I am also not a moderator just yet so you're jumping the rope there, but hopefully I can become one, it would be very cool ;)

My keyboard is a Corsair keyboard, it's the "Corsair K70, Cherry MX Red Switch" Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ER4B8B4
Tip: Get the RGB version. If I had waited an extra week before I bought my keyboard I would've got the RGB version, it gets VERY dull having the same colour all the time.