It's ironic how this website is called 10 fast fingers..

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
coreynj

It's ironic how this website is called 10 fast fingers..

Post by coreynj » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:23 pm

..and I only use my right index finger and my left thumb, index, middle, and ring finger. Anyone else? I mean, it works. My record is 130 wpm with 97% accuracy.

toddhicks209

Re: It's ironic how this website is called 10 fast fingers..

Post by toddhicks209 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:15 am

Are you suggesting this site should have been called '8 Fast Fingers'? That wouldn't make sense, especially considering that although you don't personally do it, many others, including myself, use all ten of our digits to cover the keyboard, with our thumbs used to hit the space bar while the other 8 digits cover the rest of the board.
Todd Hicks provides tips on typing. http://sdinst.blogspot.com

coreynj

Post by coreynj » Tue May 02, 2017 4:58 pm

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it's ironic how I use a website called "10fastfingers" to type with only like 5 fingers.

jace888

Post by jace888 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:18 am

coreynj wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:23 pm
..and I only use my right index finger and my left thumb, index, middle, and ring finger. Anyone else? I mean, it works. My record is 130 wpm with 97% accuracy.
You're getting pretty good speed/accuracy when only using half your available fingers/thumbs!

I learnt to touch type when I was a kid at school but I've come to realise that my habits have built up over time and I dominate the keyboard with my second and third fingers on each hand. On my left hand, my third finger often rests on the S and my second finger on the D. On my right hand, my third finger usually rests on the I or K, and my fourth on the O or L. My fourth finger on the right also stretches to where the pinkie should be (eg. I press P with my fourth finger).

Shrug. Bad habit but I'm used to it with the keyboards that I use (eg my Logitech G710).

ethereal

Post by ethereal » Mon May 15, 2017 2:35 pm

I only type with my index fingers for the character keys, thumbs for space, and pinkies for shift/backspace. It's pretty inefficient but it's comfortable for me and I average around 110 with decent accuracy, so I've never bothered breaking the old habits.

Bitbatgaming

Post by Bitbatgaming » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:17 pm

Well, I type with every finger except my pinky’s, left thumb, and get 90 wpm. The title refers to the majority of the proper typists that use 10 fingers when typing.

Danniella

Post by Danniella » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:48 pm

Looking forward to tryout the speedtest, and i guess i'll try with all 10 fingers shifting the right and left thumb on spacebar!
Best Typewriters ever bought up by Sperry Computers that turned into Unisys Corp. Used to do 90wpm on those metal things. Myself love Ansigtsbehandling København and brasiliansk voks