I need help reaching 140 wpm in the most little amount of time

Talk about any topics:10FF, typing or whatever.
Bitbatgaming

I need help reaching 140 wpm in the most little amount of time

Post by Bitbatgaming » Wed May 02, 2018 9:01 pm

I have been putting countless hours into this site and only see that my scores are less , i keep getting 12 words incorrect because i can't make corrections. I am using a slim folio keyboard and whenever i press backspace, it marks that word as incorrect, or if i press space, it thinks of that as a incorrect word. sometimes my keyboard even skips words and makes the score 12-13 wrong words.
I want to reach 140 wpm in the most little amount of time possible. Please help!

jace888

Re: I need help reaching 140 wpm in the most little amount of time

Post by jace888 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Get a better keyboard. If you're running into accuracy issues and your keyboard is causing you to skip words/etc, isn't that the logical place to fix?

The other thing I'd add is if you're consistently getting accuracy issues, it means you need to slow down, recalibrate, and then work your way up. In my case, my long term average is 143wpm, but I know under ideal situations with my favourite mechanical keyboard, optimal chair height, etc, I can hit 161wpm but I'll lose accuracy the closer I get to the 160+wpm range. I deliberately slow down even when using this keyboard/etc because in practice, maintaining 100% accuracy is much more efficient than having to go back and retype.

A good indicator of how well trained you are is if you're able to tell you've made a mistake and backspace the correct number of times/tab/etc without looking at the screen or keyboard. It means you are able to identify when you've made an error just from 'feel' and are comfortable with the keyboard.

Bitbatgaming

Post by Bitbatgaming » Sun May 06, 2018 1:13 am

Actually it’s ios , the software loaded on to it. I find that flat keyboards are comfortable but I get less wpm like 75 wpm as opposed to 95 wpm. I can’t change the keyboard due to it being used for educational purposes.www.roblox.com/Bitbat?rbxp=115682877
I have not done advanced typing courses yet and I still reach the goal the typing programs goal with 60 wpm, I’m still learning as An intermediate and advanced typist.
It might be a html error in the site also, as some of the features are not yet ready for mobile, like corrections.

jace888

Post by jace888 » Sun May 06, 2018 4:39 am

Oh... iOS is a different beast. I've tried a variety of BT keyboards including Logitech keyboard case/etc. Even with my iPad Pro Smart Keyboard, I'll never match what I can get on a proper mechanical desktop keyboard - and that's before you take into account issues with corrections/backspace/etc.