Cheaters

Help and information regarding the 10FF website.
Linsk

Re: Cheaters

Post by Linsk » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:39 am

@vanicamen8: Because of several cheated results at 120+, 140+ and 150+ WPM locked or unlocked in the anti-cheat while the average on the profile is barely 100 WPM.

vanicamen8

Post by vanicamen8 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:45 am

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:58 am

User 1682481 banned.

suurrender

Post by suurrender » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Timmmmaaahh!

Post by Timmmmaaahh! » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:45 pm

As the world record typing speed is currently set at 212 WPM by Barbara Blackburn (or 216 by Stella Pajunas in 1946 if that still counts). I'm pretty sure gil chavez was cheating at 220 WPM (spotted in top ranking).

https://10fastfingers.com/user/1678016/

Also questionable:
Viper (205 WPM) - https://10fastfingers.com/user/1429229/
Alpha_Panda (204 WPM) - https://10fastfingers.com/user/1607179/

Viper's "proof video" can easily be faked. Just record yourself typing the same text (or any text, we can't really see what strokes he hits due to the abysmal quality) and then record the screen typing with an automated tool. Paste the first video on to the second and speed it up until it matches the screen record. Alpha seems to have gone through less trouble.

If I'm wrong... Well, what are you guys waiting for?! Call Guinness!

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:17 pm

@suurrender: Apart from some very low scores, I see nothing unusual.

@Timmmmaaahh!: Barbara Blackburn and Stella Pajunas set their records on typewriters and typed real texts. If they had typed on modern computer keyboards and the random words of 10FF, they would certainly have reached higher speeds. By the way, the Blackburn's 212 is a peak speed over a 50 minutes test, not her average which was 150 WPM. So it's not really comparable with 10FF.

The gil chavez's highest is 53 WPM. So you probably confused the "Top Ranking" and the "Tests taken" ranking.

Besides, the record on 10FF is set at 220 WPM and held by Sean Wrona — who also broke the Blackburn's record over 50 minutes. So 204 and 205, even if they are excellent scores, are a bit far from the world record.

Regarding the Viper's video, it's true that the video of his hands has poor quality, but at least it exists and shows that his posture and some of his movements are coherent with what is typed. If we didn't see his hands and the sound was bad, I could understand your doubts, but the sound is quite good and it's precisely what makes it possible to be sure that it's not a fake.

Usually, a bot types perfectly and at a uniform speed. Even if you imagine a bot typing in a human way, producing random typos and corrections, it would be way too complex to pantomime the exact speed and mistakes of the bot. Increasing the speed using a software alters the sound and this is all the more noticeable as the acceleration is important so very easily detectable as well.

If you slow down the Viper's video, you clearly hear that the sound is altered and not at its normal speed, so it implies that he recorded the video at the right speed and is therefore able to get 200+ WPM without the help of a bot. Moreover, if you look at the sequence where he mistypes the word "America" and uses the backspace key (actually he types "Ae[backspace]=mercia"), the variations of speed, the sound and the gestures are perfectly synchronized.

Assuming that the sound's editing would not be detectable, it would be a lot of trouble to achieve the desired score with the exact keystrokes and errors amounts, while being synchronized to the bot's speed. If it were that simple, we would be invaded by cheaters. The most reasonable is just to admit that it's legit.

remdell

Post by remdell » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:38 am

https://10fastfingers.com/user/366730/

I admit to cheating via a Chrome extension about five years ago, and I got banned on competitions as a result. It was dumb on my part to mess around here.

I want type legitly on my breaks and be up on the rankings. If unbanning is out of the question, should I delete my account and start all over or should I create a new account with a new email?

Again, sorry if I've caused trouble back then.

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:41 am

Hello remdell,

Your account won't be un-banned, sorry.
Deleting your account is not necessary, but you can do it if you wish.
You can create a new account with a new email.
Make sure to keep it safe and clean.

boncabe94

Post by boncabe94 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 pm

sorry to bother, I'm here to ask about the problem with this account with 1406578 user id. The reason why this User ID 1406578 account is banned? error with that account where is it? please give an explanation to me. Thank you

Linsk

Post by Linsk » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:39 pm

Hello boncabe94,

Your account is banned because of a 180 WPM reached in your Malaysian anti-cheat.