Buy a Castle Company's Bailey genuine leather wrist rest (for resting base of your palms) to keep your wrists healthy, and the quality is amazing so it will look new forever. _____________________________________________________________ The next thing that is so mega-awesome is the Massdrop CTRL keyboard because you can swap out the switches instead of spending like $1,000 on like 6 different keyboards, and it also has solid build quality. And a bag of switches on KBDFans is only like $15. Try Cherry Red, Brown, and Blue, and then the Kailh Box version of whichever ones you like best. Also, maybe like me you think the smooth, linear Cherry Red is almost perfect but you want a different weight to it, so then Gateron Clear is like a lighter Cherry Red and Gateron Yellow is like a little heavier Cherry Red. ____________________________________________________________________________ Finally, I own the Lamborghini of keyboards. It is one of the most expensive and perfectly, meticulously built keyboards ever. I would say this would make a great gift, but at this price, most anyone would probably want something else. If you're still intrigued, read on though. If you need a keyboard that is as quiet and fast as any keyboard for the workplace or for video streaming, I highly recommend my keyboard: the RealForce R2 PFU available for $348 on Amazon from Amazon seller Fujitsu.
1) It feels like you're typing on Cherry Brown switches even though it's much, much quieter—one of the quietest keyboards ever.
2) The silencing doesn't change the crisp feeling of the typing because the silencers are paper thin unlike O-Rings on a Cherry keyboard.
3) It beats up your fingers less than a Cherry MX keyboard because there's a little rubber bubble under each key that provides suspension when bottoming out each key.
4) Add a 40A shore rubber O ring under the space bar key to silence your space bar, since Topre seems to have forgotten to do this to make the space bar as super quiet as the rest of this keyboard.
5) I have tried BKE Ultralight domes (~$60 separately) and also the 55 gram version of this R2 keyboard, and both feel too heavy if you want keys that have the weight of Cherry Red/Brown at around 45 grams. The BKE Ultra Lights feel like they are in the middle around 50 grams, although the actuation is actually around 55 grams, but the 55 gram weight breaks so fast that it neither feels as heavy nor wears your fingers out as much as the 55-gram R2. I like their more crispy, fast, responsive feeling a lot, and they sped me up from around 90 WPM to 100 WPM soon after switching, so I've permanently converted my R2 keyboard over to the BKE Ultra Lights at the expense of the keyboard wearing my hands out slightly faster and being slightly louder. Also, if you purchase this keyboard through my link, I get a small commission, and I will love you forever: https://amzn.to/32nYjli
||17 hours, 53 minutes ago
||3 months, 1 week, 5 days ago
||Fujitsu RealForce PFU R2 with BKE Ultralight domes & Castle Company's Bailey leather wrist rest